Fuck apartment living....

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
...cause I got a house today!!!! It's a fully remodeled 100 yr. old 3 bedroom house with 2 stories, a full basement & sizeable yard. :hbang:

It's gonna be so nice to crank up the stereo & watch movies as loud as I want! Not to mention, it's a killer place for get-togethers and summer BBQs! Awwww yeah...life is good.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FoxMustang

Reaction score
Hell yeah :hbang: Paying rent sucks, building equity rocks.

Wait, what did I just say? :ugh: I'm so un-metal. /me deems self false

SHREDDER

ShredAholic
Reaction score
Hell Yeah!!!! Congrats Shannon! Your going to love owning your own house. You can do what ever the fuck you want, when you want. It's awesome!

Feel like cutting a hole in your wall because you want to see into the other room, you can.

feel like painting your celings with chia-pet seeds, you can.

feel like walking throught the house stomping your feet as hard as possible, you can.

enjoy brother! :yesway:

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
Awesome man! You'll have lots of fun. You could even have band practice in the basement possibly. You can crank it up down there hehe.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Perhaps I should clarify...
I'm still renting the place, but it does have a rent-to-buy option. The house owner did say we could make any improvements we wanted though (provided we informed them). They are still doing all kinds of cool shit to the house in the coming months. It's f'n beautiful.

Either way, it'll be nice not to hear my gaggle of annoying apartment neighbors slamming doors, playing their gangsta rap or listening to a dozen kids playing NHL hockey above me at 4am.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
attachment.php

That's like... so.... adult. :lol:

No, seriously, I opened this expecting a horror story with your landlord. Let's say I'm pleasantly surprised - congrats, bro. :D

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, living in an apartment is like throwing money away. Congrats, Shannon, that is awesome and nice house! :yesway:

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's almost, but not quite metal enough for me.

Mayyybe get rid of the roses.. :fawk:

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Scott said:
It's almost, but not quite metal enough for me.

Mayyybe get rid of the roses.. :fawk:

We'll keep it "metal" indoors! ;)
Actually, they are adding some more landscaping and a brand new fence as well. The inside just got new carpet, hardwood floors & paint. And since it's wintertime, I'll be breaking in that fireplace soon.

I'm a sucker for really old houses. If I ever BUY a house, I plan to buy an old house & keep it traditional on the outside & ultra-modern looking inside.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
damn dude! nice! Congratu-fucking-lations!!! that's a nice step in life, I'm damn proud of you son.;):)

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Congratulations. As long as you keep it all cool 'n' "metal" on the inside (whatever "metal" means to you), then that's cool. An ultra-modern looking inside is cool. I always liked housed that looked traditional on the outside, then you step inside and it's BAM! Yeah, you get the idea.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:
I'm a sucker for really old houses. If I ever BUY a house, I plan to buy an old house & keep it traditional on the outside & ultra-modern looking inside.
I'm the same way, I love really old buildings, but with all sorts of really uber-modern technology built in.

After seeing the new Harry Potter movie, and the tour of the "Castle Aargghh" on the Monty Python and the Holy Grail DVD bonus feature, I now want to live in a castle that's been updated to modern technology on the inside. :hbang:

Oh yes, I will have a castle :lol:

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
w00t!

It kinda reminds me of one of those little rural churches. Like the November rain video. Cool.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
b3n said:
w00t!

It kinda reminds me of one of those little rural churches. Like the November rain video. Cool.

That's it. I'm putting a life-sized cutout of Slash on the front lawn! The neighbors will love me. :lol:

Christopher

Total Rondo Addict!
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:
We'll keep it "metal" indoors! ;)
Actually, they are adding some more landscaping and a brand new fence as well. The inside just got new carpet, hardwood floors & paint. And since it's wintertime, I'll be breaking in that fireplace soon.

Man I love the old houses. My wife and I bought ours last spring. It's like a 1906. It's been a lot of work making it more home but I just like the vibe.

')