Fuck Work!

• Thread starter Nick1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yep, my job sucks too. Bored all the fucking time(where do you think I do most of my posting?) and most of the time I don't get above 32 hours and I'm broke. :mad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
My job isn't that bad, I guess. I can cope with it, at least, and on some levels I'm still paying dues for potentially more interesting positions down the road. And on good days, aspects are quite interesting.

What I CAN'T cope with are the hours - my supervisors have been trying to take my workload down for over a year now, but since it takes a couple months to find good candidates and then the average training curve is about 6-9 months, well, it's been a while.

what do you do?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Performance analysis - rates of return, industry benchmarks, shit like that. My backround's in american literature, but as it turns out I actually have somewhat of a knack for the conceptual side of finance shit.

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
My job involves teaching little kids math, correcting homework, teaching them how to read, and stapling papers for three hours every friday night (I work at Kumon Learning Center). It sounds easy, but even the cool kids wear on you eventually. Half the kids there are overachieving Indians who are doing algebra in 2nd grade so they're all a bunch of jerks. And I think I'm allergic to something in the paper because everytime I staple I get a rash on my hands. I'd quit but I'm too lazy to find somewhere else to work. Hopefully I can find an internship for this summer before college starts.

Mark. A

gang* 4 lyfe
Contributor
Reaction score
I do labor for 9 hours each day. Digging 6 foot deep holes and lifting, I am just doing it until I get my apprenticeship. I love it at the moment but I can see myself losing interest in labor, I get paid to work out and get a nice tan in beautiful Australia. And i work 50 metres up the road :)

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
My job involves teaching little kids math, correcting homework, teaching them how to read, and stapling papers for three hours every friday night (I work at Kumon Learning Center). It sounds easy, but even the cool kids wear on you eventually. Half the kids there are overachieving Indians who are doing algebra in 2nd grade so they're all a bunch of jerks. And I think I'm allergic to something in the paper because everytime I staple I get a rash on my hands. I'd quit but I'm too lazy to find somewhere else to work. Hopefully I can find an internship for this summer before college starts.

I'd bet your rash is just from the paper drawing the moisture from your skin. Bring some intensive care lotion, and put it on 2 or 3 times during work.:agreed:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just started cleaning, re-wiring and setting up guitars in my room for friends and their friends etc. So far I have got like 5 guitars done. It kinda pays for my food. Cant really afford to find a job as school is way too tiring.

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
I'd bet your rash is just from the paper drawing the moisture from your skin. Bring some intensive care lotion, and put it on 2 or 3 times during work.:agreed:
My hands aren't dry at all. I think I'm allergic to something in the glue that they use to hold the packets of paper together (I went to the allergist last summer and it turns out I'm allergic to horses...:horsesh:), so I think that might be it.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree. Fuck Work.

[action=eaeolian]heads home...[/action]

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
I work at a Game Store. My job is to know how to play games and teach customers how to play games. They pay me pretty good too.

So no, as far as my job goes, work is the shit :yesway:

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
I worked at a pizza place for a few months until recently. They let me go becuase I was always busy with school stuff and never had time to work. I worked with some cool people, but I'm glad I don't work there anymore. I might work construction over the summer with my neighbor to kinda work on on tan and get me buff, while I'm getting paid:yesway: I need to money for general spending money and for guitars/my rig. I think my last paycheck from the pizza place was, like, $17:lol:

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
I worked at a pizza place for a few months until recently. They let me go becuase I was always busy with school stuff and never had time to work. I worked with some cool people, but I'm glad I don't work there anymore. I might work construction over the summer with my neighbor to kinda work on on tan and get me buff, while I'm getting paid:yesway: I need to money for general spending money and for guitars/my rig. I think my last paycheck from the pizza place was, like, $17:lol:

im glad you got fired to man, 17 fucking dollars? i hope you did well in tips.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I hated my job, so I quit this week :fawk: I got fed up with working long hours at random and not knowing what I was doing untill 2 days before the jobs had to be done. So fug it :hbang:

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
im glad you got fired to man, 17 fucking dollars? i hope you did well in tips.

It was a delivery only place, so only the people who stayed till close got tips. They usually sent people home early if we weren't busy and I was one of them most of the time, so I rarely got tips from the tip jar by the register, which might have 5 bucks in it by the end of the night.

Jon

J. Holbrook
Reaction score
sorry man I know what ya going through!:agreed:
You need a Vacation?:hbang:

Nick1

Reaction score
THREAD BUMP!

I quit that old shitty job that caused me to start this thread! Ive been free of them for months now and Im teaching guitar full time.

Here is the before and after.......

Get up at between 5 and 7 am

get to work about 8
work till 2:30 change clothes in the car :mad:
teach guitar from 3-9
go home and play guitar/fuck off till 1am
go to sleep
6 days a week

Now

Get up at somewhere between 8 and 1pm practice guitar for an hour or 2
go to work
teach guitar from 1 or 2 till about 8 or 9