Fuck Work!

• Thread starter Nick1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
Good to hear that, dude. :yesway:

As long as you can make a decent living out of it, I don't see a problem with that at all.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Petef2007

Reaction score
thanks to the recessions over here in the UK right now, i'm currently jobless :( HOWEVER, the last job i had was seriously a godawful place to work - not so much the work itself, but the general atmosphere, people fucking each other over behind their backs, general bitchiness (i saw many a female coworker reduced to tears in that place), shite pay, horrible customers whom i wanted to tell to go fuck themselves at every opportunity....i'm sure you get the idea.

Despite being somewhat broke and desperate for a job right now, i'm so glad to be out of that place.

CatPancakes

Im Insane
Reaction score
i work at a small gas station for safeway.
i get 8.30 an hour
i might get about 1 customer every 5 minutes on average.
everyday i have to dump and rinse out 6 pots of coffee and fill out a gasprice form, which takes me a minute or two.
i work 11am-7pm around 24 hours a week.
all i do at work is read, if i get a good laptop, ill just play games and watch movies and surf the web like the other people do up there.
No managers up there.

i like it

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
My job would be better if people would fucking work. I'm sick of contstantly covering everyone else's ass. Then I look bad for getting behind because I'm doing everyone else's work. I'm to the point where I give a big middle finger to everyone and let them get fucked.

Also, I'm fucking sick of people calling in thinking that they have a crisis when it's something I have most likely done 5 times in the same day. Seriously, everything is a fucking emergency around here. Stressful as fuck.

Some days are cool though. But all the cute girls here are either engaged or married, and it's fucking stupid. Douche bag husbands/fiances....then they say, "You're one of the coolest guys I've ever met, I feel like I can tell you everything..." Then tell me you're getting a divorce!!!!

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
The job I'm at....the work is good, however theres a lot of barren spells between it happening, due to the nature of the job (monitoring networks). Also, the shifts are crap, so I'm working on my CCNA to get the hell out of here.

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
THREAD BUMP!

I quit that old shitty job that caused me to start this thread! Ive been free of them for months now and Im teaching guitar full time.

Here is the before and after.......

Get up at between 5 and 7 am

get to work about 8
work till 2:30 change clothes in the car :mad:
teach guitar from 3-9
go home and play guitar/fuck off till 1am
go to sleep
6 days a week

Now

Get up at somewhere between 8 and 1pm practice guitar for an hour or 2
go to work
teach guitar from 1 or 2 till about 8 or 9
go home or go out with friends
fuck off and play more guitar till 2am or later
go to sleep

Yea Im much happier now.

Hell yes, I'm in this boat too. I've had so many shit jobs over the years and this one makes up for it. Teaching guitar 5 days a week is one of the most rewarding things to do. Keeps you mentally busy enough to keep you on the ball. It also makes you a much better guitarist, getting to play guitar for that many hours each day. I've sold home security systems door to door, I've been a grape picker, then worked in a cellar bottling fortified wines (port, muskat and tokay etc), I've worked in Australian Musical Imports, tsk-tsking at all the $15,000 Gibsons, I've worked 60 hour weeks in a butchery for 3 years.
None of them come close to the benefits of teaching guitar. And hell, it beats the shit out of working for a living. FUCK WORK :fawk:

Some days are cool though. But all the cute girls here are either engaged or married, and it's fucking stupid. Douche bag husbands/fiances....then they say, "You're one of the coolest guys I've ever met, I feel like I can tell you everything..." Then tell me you're getting a divorce!!!!

:lol:

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score

Ahahahahahahahaahah!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
My job is wack. I'm a sales operative in Primark, and really don't like it. I spend hours folding things and setting up displays and some customer picks something up and just throws it back while I'm standing right there. Then I have to go and do about a million returns which takes ages, because the shop has no kind of stocking system at all. I come back and the table I spent an hour organising is fucked up again. And I do that for £4.07 an hour.

The good things about working there is that first of all, it's money. I can get overtime pretty much whenever I want it and there's a few hot girls working there too.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I hated my job, so I quit this week :fawk: I got fed up with working long hours at random and not knowing what I was doing untill 2 days before the jobs had to be done. So fug it :hbang:

This, was a stupid fucking idea :lol:

If I could go back in time, I'd slap myself.

I've had two shitty jobs since then and realised just how much I want to be back at that job.

Oh well, you learn :fawk:

E Lucevan Le Stelle

in love with Judas
Reaction score
thanks to the recessions over here in the UK right now, i'm currently jobless :( HOWEVER, the last job i had was seriously a godawful place to work - not so much the work itself, but the general atmosphere, people fucking each other over behind their backs, general bitchiness (i saw many a female coworker reduced to tears in that place), shite pay, horrible customers whom i wanted to tell to go fuck themselves at every opportunity....i'm sure you get the idea.

Despite being somewhat broke and desperate for a job right now, i'm so glad to be out of that place.

The UK is fucking shit at the moment... I'm out of work too and can't find anything! :wallbash:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I quit my job at the bottleshop and took the plunge; jumping into a shittily paid apprenticeship for the next four years :lol:

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
My job would be better if people would fucking work. I'm sick of contstantly covering everyone else's ass. Then I look bad for getting behind because I'm doing everyone else's work. I'm to the point where I give a big middle finger to everyone and let them get fucked.

That sounds a little like the people at my place... worth yet, a couple of the more senior staff there would try to talk their way out of a problem, and directly or indirectly blame it on someone else! :noplease:

AK DRAGON

Guitar Popcicle
Reaction score
I dispise my job.
due to me pissing off a client one to many times I am now dealing with average joe's who want their multimedia to work.

I am begining to think that the less technology that I deal with (besides guitar gear) the happier I am.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
The UK is fucking shit at the moment... I'm out of work too and can't find anything! :wallbash:

You're not alone mate, the last job I had was at christmas for 2 weeks. Before that I was unemployed for months. I can barely find anything. Even when I do apply, I don't hear anything from them.

Korngod

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Contributor
Reaction score
I dispise my job.
due to me pissing off a client one to many times I am now dealing with average joe's who want their multimedia to work.

I am begining to think that the less technology that I deal with (besides guitar gear) the happier I am.

+1000 same here. ive dealt with too many errors (alot most likely my fault) with different computers, machines, ect... that i get driven insane when something doesnt work out right.

Latest posts

')