Fun black metal style riffs to play

• Thread starter caron_400
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ulvhedin

Phrygianist
Reaction score
When it comes to thoose classic BM styled riffs you can look up some Taake, Windir, Satyricon, Emperor(To a certain degree), Dissection, Dimmu and Watain also has some killer stuff

Blind Theory

Reaction score
I'm not a super huge fan of black metal but I listen to Behemoth, Immortal and Belphegor a LOT. They have a good bit of influence in my playing if I let it show. So I will leave you with my favorites from them:

Hope this helps you a bit. I love the Belphegor song a lot by the way. Great stuff.

caron_400

Reaction score
I've already been playing some behemoth mostly stuff from evangelion. Belphegor is good also, havent checked them out to much tho, so I'll be doing that.

I need to listen to some immortal, whats their best album ?

I love the new watain album, but I haven't found tabs for it yet.

All the other black metal I'll check out, I know some of them by name, but havent really listened to any of them

thx for all the replys :D

Stealth7

Reaction score
I love the new watain album, but I haven't found tabs for it yet.

I started with Sons of Northern Darkness which is probably my favourite, At The Heart of Winter is good too.. Really you can't go wrong with Immortal most of their stuff is pretty solid imo. :yesway:

Dcr

Reaction score
Try with this ones:

Immortal: One by one, wrath from above, tyrants, sons of northern darkness, solarfall, any song of their last album, etc. In fact whatever song you like from immortal would be good; all of them are pretty "similar".

Dissection: All the songs from Storm of the lights bane. You can find almost any kind of classic black metal riffage here, so this is a pretty cool album to start with.

Emperor: I am the black wizards, inno a satana, curse you all men, ye entrancemperium, the loss and curse of reverence... If you have a sevenstring you could also take a look to the tongue of fire, although it isn't traditional black metal stuff. :idea:

Also there are a lot of guitar lessons from Ihsahn and Abbath in youtube recorded by guitar world. If you're gonna learn something from immortal or emperor I highly recommend you to take a look at them. :agreed:

Hope it helps :yesway:

MetalMike04

Lefty cursed...
Reaction score
Trivium; now thats some kvlt shit right there.

but seriously sorry other than whats mentioned i cant think of anyother good black metal bands/riffs

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Try and learn some of Deathspell Omega's "FAS - Ite, Maledicti In Ignem Aeternum" by ear.

Go on, I dare you :lol:

mgh

Betwixt and Between
Reaction score
Trivium; now thats some kvlt shit right there.

but seriously sorry other than whats mentioned i cant think of anyother good black metal bands/riffs

this is a joke, right?
i mean, no French bands have been mentioned, other than Deathspell Omega in the last post...so no Alcest, Amosoeurs, Blut Aus Nord, Peste Noire, Les Discrets...

no Us bands, so no Wolves in the Throne Room, Leviathan, Krallice, Fauna, Xasthur, Nachtmystium...

no UK bands...so no Cradle of Filth, Wodensthrone, Winterfylleth, Fen, Ebony Lake, Forefather, Bal-Sagoth...

no Eastern european bands (yeah i know some are a bit dodgy)...so no Drudkh, Hate Forest, Nokturnal Mortum, Negura Bunget, Khors, Ygg

and no mention of some classic bands such as Gehenna, Ulver, Unanimated, Dawn, Sacramentum, Abigor, Arcturus, Limbonic Art, Covenant, 1349, Borknagar, Burzum, Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, Dark Funeral, Rotting Christ...

and this is without getting into pagan/viking bands...

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
this is a joke, right?
i mean, no French bands have been mentioned, other than Deathspell Omega in the last post...so no Alcest, Amosoeurs, Blut Aus Nord, Peste Noire, Les Discrets...

no Us bands, so no Wolves in the Throne Room, Leviathan, Krallice, Fauna, Xasthur, Nachtmystium...

no UK bands...so no Cradle of Filth, Wodensthrone, Winterfylleth, Fen, Ebony Lake, Forefather, Bal-Sagoth...

no Eastern european bands (yeah i know some are a bit dodgy)...so no Drudkh, Hate Forest, Nokturnal Mortum, Negura Bunget, Khors, Ygg

and no mention of some classic bands such as Gehenna, Ulver, Unanimated, Dawn, Sacramentum, Abigor, Arcturus, Limbonic Art, Covenant, 1349, Borknagar, Burzum, Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, Dark Funeral, Rotting Christ...

and this is without getting into pagan/viking bands...

last I checked, Burzum, Darkthrone, and Nachtmystium were all mentioned.

*read the thread before you post*

also, Cradle, black metal? the guys in Cradle will tell you themselves they aren't black metal. James is quite the common poster, he could probably even vouch for that one.

groph

Reaction score
"THIS IS ALSO OFF OF OUR FOURTH ALBUM. IT'S CALLED....

EEDDVDGKDKNADNTPTIADHGADUNBNFRTH APDIGHOJGOJNDFOBFFJKLSKAADR"

some trve grimness comin at ya

jack10110

Reaction score
"Black metal riffs" and "fun to play" are two phrases which should not be used in a sentence.

')