Funniest comedy films

• Thread starter patata
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
And French movies:
La cite de la peur
Dîner de con

If we include french movies:
De père en flic
RRRrrrr!!!
Dans une galaxie près de chez vous (especially the first one)

ANd my favorite from my french speaking area, Bon cop bad cop, the movie story itself ain't great, but the all the stuff the ontarian guy and the quebec guy throw at each other makes it pretty awesome. Especially this scene

Lookin at a corpse hanging on a Ontario/Quebec province limit sign

boncopbadcop5.jpg

Guy on the left: "Clearly this case if for you guys. As you can see, his heart belongs to Quebec"

Guy on the right: "Ouin pi y'a l'ontario dans l'cul aussi (he also got ontario up his ass)"

And of course this:

------======WARNING! LANGUAGE NSFW!======--------

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Bill & Ted's - both movies
History of the World
Austin Powers 1
Trainspotting - though not a comedy there are too many hilarious parts
Mr. Bean's Holiday
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Back to the Future - also not a comedy but there are too many hilarious parts
Zoolander

I know there are many more for me but this are the immediates that come to mind.

Rev.

Azyiu

Triad Hitman
Reaction score
I am sure there are TONS of great comedies, but just out of my head they are:

Airplane!
American Beauty (such a dark comedy, not sure if it counts)
Austin Powers 1
Mars Attacks!
There Is Something About Mary
Death To Smoochy
Dr.Strange Love

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
I'm surprised that MST3K hasn't been mentioned.

Strange Brew
Dachimawa Lee (Sort of like a Korean Austin Powers. It's on Netflix Instant.)
Gentlemen Broncos
Cane Toads: An Unnatural History
A Talking Cat?!? (On Netflix Instant as well.)

A word about that last one. I found A Talking Cat?!? at the bottom of a bargain bin in a going-out-of-business Blockbuster. I thought it would be a mediocre kids film. After having watched it, I suspect that this movie has less to do with children and more to do with blackmail and money laundering. Wait until you see the "talking" effect.

The same team released several other movies based on similar premises. When I saw A Talking Cat?!?, I had to give it the coveted title of "worst movie I've ever seen" (a feat, I assure you), but it has since been ousted by A Magic Puppy?!? and A Talking Pony?!? (later retitled "A Pony Tale"). An Easter Bunny Puppy?!? took the title recently, but I had to rethink how I classify awful cinema after watching A Christmas Puppy?!? because it is better than the above films from a technical standpoint on account of not being padded to hell, but it lacks all of the things that made A Talking Cat?!? hilarious. Gaaaawd, I had to get drunk with my friend to slog through A Christmas Puppy?!?, but I think the alcohol ended up making it worse. For the brave, these are all on Netflix.

wankerness

Reaction score
I'm surprised that MST3K hasn't been mentioned.

Strange Brew

Cause it's a TV show!* I love it and have about 60 episodes on DVD, some of those are infinitely rewatchable. The best episodes IMO are Pod People, Manos the Hands of Fate, The Final Sacrifice, and Space Mutiny, but there are a ton of great ones. Final Justice, Future Wars, Werewolf, Zombie Nightmare, King Dinosaur, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, Attack of the Eye Creatures, etcetcetc. I grew up watching the comedy central episodes on saturday mornings, and it's only gotten funnier as I've gotten older.

*The movie isn't bad but it's not really that great, especially if you haven't seen the show already.

Strange Brew is really funny, it's got all kinds of different bizarre humor in it. For some reason, the part that makes me laugh the most is just when they're demonstrating the synthesizer control on the brainwashed guys...something about the idiotic synth noodling that corresponds to their frenzied hockey playing really does it for me! The main characters are obviously what most people like about it, but the villains are so great. "I WILL CRUSH YOUR HEAD!!!"

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
Cause it's a TV show!

Well, yeah, but the show is structured around feature-length films for the most part (though sometimes closer to an hour than 90 minutes).

Strange Brew is really funny, it's got all kinds of different bizarre humor in it. For some reason, the part that makes me laugh the most is just when they're demonstrating the synthesizer control on the brainwashed guys...something about the idiotic synth noodling that corresponds to their frenzied hockey playing really does it for me!

The Great White North theme makes the hockey players fight. :lol:

The movie within the movie always made me chuckle.

"Fleshy-headed mutant, are you friendly?"
"No way, eh! Radiation has made me an enemy of civilization."

Latest posts

')