Fx advice please

• Thread starter N-j
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

N-j

B.T.K
Reaction score
ok, so im used to just using a POD with a solid state amp (bypassing the preamp.....guitar-pod-amp fx return).

but i recently bought a peavey JSX head and i want to make the most out of the sound of the amp.

i know what effects i need to put through the loop, and i know which effects need to go between the guitar and the amp.

what i need to know is, if i buy a ts7, is it designed to push the high gain channel of the amp? or is it ment to be used through a clean channel?

i love the sound of the amp, but i want a bit more balls in my tone.

sorry if the question is a bit noobish, but i have been using nothing but multi fx for years, so im a bit new to individual pedals.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Do you use an overdrive model in your POD? It's the same kind of thing. It can be used on any channel, depending on where it does something you want it to. Most people who play predominantly metal use it in front of the high gain channel with the drive on the pedal pretty low.

')