G.A.S., G.A.S., G.A.S....

• Thread starter Donnie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well dip my balls in sour cream and put in a room full of kittens... I have G.A.S. for a guitar really bad as of late. And since I finally got my new amp... what the hell. :D
So, I want to chose between these EBMMs. I love these guitars and I can get them for retardedly cheap.

-A Mystic Dream JP7 with non-matching headstock, no piezos and no JP inlay(the pic shows inlay) For some reason I've been jonesing for a JP7 without the matching headstock.
-An all black Axis SS.
-The all white Silhouette(I use to have one exactly like it and I miss it dearly)
-A black Silhouette Bass. 30" scale = :hbang:
-or the new Steve Morse Y2D in that purple sunset burst finish.

The place I'd be getting them from has the Steve Morse guitar in stock. The others I'd have to wait at least 3 months for. Although, another option is to see what JP6s they have in.

What to get... :scratch: I can't decide.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Of those 5, I'd go for the JP7.

You can some great playing OLP Axis & Silhouette Basses. A dude here has a white Silhouette for sale here & for much cheaper. I've played a few that were fantastic. And the color on that Morse model brings out the uber-gayness in your eyes, sweetpants. ;)

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've thought about the OLP option but I kind of want the 'real deal'. The OLPs are great deals though.
I'm kind of leaning towards the JP7 right now. Maybe even a white one.
I saw the Silhouette on here but I want the matching headstock. :D And I can get a brand new one for just a touch more(special Donnie pricing from back home. :D)

bostjan said:
Too bad there's no Silhouette seven nor Luke seven. :(
Tell me about it. A Silhouette 7 would be ideal!

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
A white JP7 w/ matching headstock would be tits!
And trust me, The OLP Silhouette Bass kicks ass. ;)

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
JP for sure, the rest look like crap, well...the silhouette looks the best but I dunno about how it would sound :/

dav2321

Reaction score
Wow, I thought I was bad (2 IBZ RGAs,2 Parker Niteflys, various 7s, Wasburn N4) but your thinking of a fourth JP ? But if you play 'em why not. Although you might be on that slippery path Ernie something on the EB forum went down (30+ JPs :eek: ). Personally I'd go for a Tobacco burst Morse, or the bass (if metal is your thing).

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
dav2321 said:
Although you might be on that slippery path Ernie something on the EB forum went down (30+ JPs :eek: ).
Dude, that guy is nuts!
I'm not to partial to Tobacco burst. The Deep Purple Burst might be cool, though.
And since I do already have 3 JP7s, it might be nice to go with something else.

maskofduality

Brandeis Sophomore
Reaction score
Donnie said:
I've thought about the OLP option but I kind of want the 'real deal'. The OLPs are great deals though.
I'm kind of leaning towards the JP7 right now. Maybe even a white one.
I saw the Silhouette on here but I want the matching headstock. :D And I can get a brand new one for just a touch more(special Donnie pricing from back home. :D)

Tell me about it. A Silhouette 7 would be ideal!
lol a silhouette 7 would be pretty bad ass (isn't that what the JP series is based on?) jst curious, do you play anything other than EBMM?

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
maskofduality said:
lol a silhouette 7 would be pretty bad ass (isn't that what the JP series is based on?) jst curious, do you play anything other than EBMM?
I believe the JPs are based off the Silhouette. At least the protos were pretty much modded Silos.

And yes, all I play are EBMMs. :D The only non-EBMM I have left is an Ergo 6 that gets no love.
Not that I have anything against other brands... I just really dig the Music Mans.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Shit, I'm GASing for an all-white JP7 now. Fuckin' Donnie. :lol:

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Since you already have 3 JP7s, and you miss the Silhouette dearly, get that. Who cares if you have to wait a while? That'll give you just enough time to pay for it, have Buyer's Remorse and decide you don't want it after your GAS subsides. Then, you can start to resent the guitar before it even gets to you, accept the fact that it's yours whether you like it or not and decide to sell it when you get it. :lol:

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ken Burtch said:
Who cares if you have to wait a while?
I don't mind the wait at all.
The Silhouette has more tone options so that would be a plus for that.
The Axis guitars are sweet too.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Shannon said:
Shit, I'm GASing for an all-white JP7 now. Fuckin' Donnie. :lol:
:agreed: a white JP7 would be a nice addition to your collection as well as a mystic dream JP7, Donnie.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
I've wanted a Pearl Redburst JP-7, piezo, regular inlays, matching headstock, for SO LONG now. Those guitars are pure sex.
jpm7redburst_body.jpg

If it was me, I'd probably go for the Silhouette bass. Something different, considering you have three JPs.

guitarjitsumaster

seven times seven
Reaction score
I vote for the steve morse one. The finish is beautiful and if its built to steve's demands so im sure its a dream to play. They really should make it in a seven. .......and what does EBMM have against locking trem's ????

')