Game of Thrones

UnattendedGolfcart

SSO's Fat Mac
Reaction score
514704.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
I'm guessing either

A. He wargs into Ghost hinted at in the books
B. Melisandre revives him which is why they seemed to focus on his blood
C. Mixture of the two
- (from the wiki) Melisandre asks to see Azor Ahai in the flames, hoping for Stannis, but sees only Jon Snow surrounded by skulls, his face changing between that of a man and that of a wolf. When she sees Jon, she also sees enemies surrounding him, and warns him of daggers in the dark

George RR Martin hints to John's parents being an important thing. Only letting the HBO series directors gain the rights to use his stories in the show by asking "Who is John Snow's mother?" I find it hard to believe that never gets addressed.

Either that or "Valar morghulis" I guess haha.

Thoughts?

edit: https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=1ce6b72f8d24071b8e69a18f3d9ca8ce&oe=55EF52E1

Someone also pointed out the shape of the blood looks like a howling wolf. Although that may be reaching.

bigswifty

Reaction score
"C*NT!"

Best way to break that silence.

Unreal episode. Just picking off the cast like it's nothing.

Since the episode is out.. I think it's fair to not have to use spoiler tags now.

I don't think Stannis is dead. The way it did not show his death on screen just seems to me like there is some other purpose for him.
Really great handling of that arc though.

Circe's walk of shame was handled brilliantly I thought. It had it all, and was seriously immersive.

And of course Jon.. To answer above, I think he will be reborn somehow, which will involve Melisandre.
But the way the scene was handled in the show was great.

UnattendedGolfcart

SSO's Fat Mac
Reaction score
Stannis' plot line was really boring, even if it was handled well. The whole "let's build up the battle of Winterfell for 6 episodes and then skip the entirety of it" pissed me off. Good on Brienne for hopefully keeping her word.

Kind of confused about Sansa and Theon, what's exactly up with that. It's not hard to guess, but still.

GoT can make me despise Cersei for 5 seasons and then suddenly make me feel a bit bad for her.

A bit. Just a bit.

Still though she looks cute with the new hair ;)

And of course

#JonSnowLives

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Welp... that was depressing. :lol:

I know that Myrcella was toast as soon as whatsherface planted that kiss on her.

Cersei's walk of shame was every bit as satisfying as I'd hoped. :lol:

illimmigrant

A Different Logic
Reaction score
I've never watched a show that made me want to put my foot trough my TV, rip it off the wall and chuck it out a window the way GOT does. From Ned Stark's beheading in season 1 I knew I couldn't get attached to any characters, but I fall for it all the time. Lots of cliffhangers for next season too.

UnattendedGolfcart

SSO's Fat Mac
Reaction score

Mike

Reaction score

I call BS on that. I really think he has to come back. I'm almost positive his destiny is to take on the mantle of Azor Ahai. Through one way or another, he'll be revived by The Red God in a manner similar to Lord Beric. Melisandre's attention shifting to him as well as her return to Castle Black has to have a reason. Throw in the R+L and Dragon rider Theories. Plus he's on the game of thrones payroll through season 7 :lol:

vividox

Reaction score
I had a lot of conflicting feelings for the finale. The Walk of Shame was brilliantly done. I loved the brutality of Miranda's death. I loved Arya killing Meryn Trant. But they really packed a lot into that final episode where I thought they could have spread it out over at least two episodes. The pacing this whole season just felt weird, and some of the divergences from the book are really starting to put a grimace on my face. Some of the changes are okay, others are completely unneeded and just detract from the plot. GRRM is clearly a much better writer than D&D are.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the series give us a completely different end game than the books at this point. It's getting hard to note the similarities. Which I think is okay, since the books aren't even finished yet.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
I loved Arya killing Meryn Trant.

It appears that in the show they went with Arya receiving blindness as a punishment. It was clear because Arya specifically wanted him to know who killed him and Jaren scolded her for retaining her identity. So in terms of show storyline, suck it :fawk: :wub:

UnattendedGolfcart

SSO's Fat Mac
Reaction score
The Walk of Shame was brilliantly done... I loved Arya killing Meryn Trant.

If each episode of Season 6 could just put these two scenes on loop for an hour, I would be quite happy. :lol:

I feel that with Jon, he died because he was too honorable and righteous. We all know what happens to the honorable and the righteous. I'm wondering if when he comes back (yes, when) that he will lose that righteousness and see the world for what it truly is and maybe gain some sort of darker perspective. He's morally beyond and above the Night's Watch.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Prediction: Whitewalkers steamroll everything and everyone dies. I cant see any other ending happening at this point.

wankerness

Reaction score
I'm surprised anyone thinks Stannis is dead. This show has never avoided showing someone killed when it actually happened before, while this episode intentionally made it so there was not even a sound or anything that would imply she'd followed through. I can't think of a single even relatively minor character death that wasn't on-screen. Unless you count The Hound, but I am thinking there's a good chance of this same situation applying there and he'll show up again eventually.

mongey

Reaction score
Good episode. The def crammed allot into it. Good to see at least something happen in dorne.

As soon as it finished my wife made the call on melisandre bringing snow back to life. Not sure if they will do it. And unfortunately need to wait a year to find out.

Latest posts

')