Game Series You Wish Continued

• Thread starter Qweklain
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Qweklain

Reaction score
Ok, my list:

Capcom Vs SNK series. It's been just over a decade since CvS2. If Marvel Vs Capcom happened, then so should CvS3.

Samurai Showdown / Last Blade series. The last SS game was very good, but that was a few years ago. And since nothing major's been going on with Last Blade, that series also needs a continuation.

Contra series. Hard Corps Uprising was amazing. More of that please!

There was also Heroes of Mana. It was a direct prequel to Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana 2 (my favorite of the Mana series). RTS for the Nintendo DS. Wasn't too shabby either.

The biggest problem with Xenosaga was the cancellation of future games to allow the story to be told properly, hence why XS3 had the burden of trying to wrap up an originally planned 7 part series into one game, resulting in a massive convoluted rushjob. The story was still fantastic and at least the gameplay of XS3 was a big improvement over the trainwreck that is XS2... :ugh:

It's not just we're not gonna get a decent new Chrono game... we're not getting a new Chrono game period. :(

Square Enix like to talk about the Chrono series, but never have really done anything new aside from a Trigger DS port. I think Square Enix will only make a new Chrono game if the original development team were involved. But the problem is that 3 key members of the Dream Team have either moved on (Hironobu Sakaguchi, Nobuo Uematsu... left Square yonks ago) or have shown no interest in making a new Chrono game (Yuji Horii) and a large majority of them went off to become Monolith Soft.

Composer Yasunori Mitsuda wants to do it, but wants original director Masato Kato to be involved (also wants to do it). But with all the politics with key members involved, neither can do anything other than the odd colaboration together (for those interested, check out "kiRite").

So unless some gaming divine intervention happense, the best we can do is replay Chrono Trigger and Cross or hunt down Radical Dreamers... actually, nah scratch that. That was a sucky text based game that eventually became Chrono Cross anyway. :lol:

Man, that was so disheartening to type... :(
Well I guess I'll be passing on finding the Xenosaga games!

I don't think I played Heroes of Mana... but I think I have it? Too many games for me to remember all of what I have sometimes. :lol:

I know we'll never get another Chrono game most likely, but I want to dreeeeaaam!

I forgot to add two other series I wish for, one of them being one of my favorites!

King's Field - I know most hate this series/type of game, but I LOVED it! The last KF was Ancient City on PS2, and it was amazing just like the first and second. Although technically 1 and 2 on PS1 were actually 2 and 3. The first KF was really short and I don't think ever publicly released as official, but there is freeware of it out there to play on PSP. There was also the PS2 game Eternal Ring that followed suit and the nearly impossible Shadow Tower on PS1.

Onimusha - Kind of like DMC, but better. I love the atmosphere, the weapon leveling, story, and everything else.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I know we'll never get another Chrono game most likely, but I want to dreeeeaaam!

I do too... :wub: I suppose there's the fan-made games like this and this I guess. Or for something that involves the actual development members, there's Soma Bringer. Or something left filed like this.

The album comes with the storybook. Unfortunately no translation of the story exists online.

Qweklain

Reaction score
I do too... :wub: I suppose there's the fan-made games like this and this I guess. Or for something that involves the actual development members, there's Soma Bringer. Or something left filed like this.

The album comes with the storybook. Unfortunately no translation of the story exists online.
*sigh* Chrono Resurrection looked like it was going to be ....ing amazing. I remember coming across it a few years ago when it was still ongoing. Why did Square have to be a bunch of dick-wagons? They could of been "Hey, we like your work, so how about a proposition. We'll have some help in development (financial or otherwise) in exchange for you allowing us to make your work official Square work" which could entail copy-writing it or whatever.

Everything is so locked down and all about greed, greed, greed these days... Really makes me hate humanity more and more each day...

Rosal76

Reaction score
I bought the first one yeeeeeeeeears after it came out. Wish I could have played it online though(I had my PS2 set up for that, but didn't have the game).

I miss PS2 online days. It was something special back then, especially MGO :)

Fans of the game living in Japan have managed to get back online with the Outbreak series. Unfortunately, it only happens in Japan and I think, also the United Kingdom.

Resident Evil Outbreak brought back online in Japan by fans | Polygon

Rosal76

Reaction score
Condemned.

Manhunt.

Predator: Concrete jungle. Based on the popular alien hunter.

The Thing. If you have a PS2 and love the movie, play this game. It is freaking awesome.

Stolen. A professional theif doing her thing in futuristic city. Splinter Cell fans should be pleased with this game.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Strife
Legend of Legaia
Onimusha
Syphon Filter
Interstate 76
Star Wars: Battlefront
Shenmue

Another vote for Descent

pink freud

Reaction score
I want more games that use the dialog mechanics from Alpha Protocol. Obsidian was going to make sequels until the game was deemed too buggy.

Also, Myst/Atlantis series stuff. With the level of graphics we have these days I think environment puzzle games could be very epic.

12enoB

It's Boner Backwards
Reaction score
oo how did I forget... we need a Warcraft 4! Definitely the pinnacle of my "gaming" career was being on sponsored professional teams in WC3.

SC2 just wasn't the same.

I really enjoyed sc2, but it's frustrating. It would be cool if the fighting was more brood war style, but what can you do...

As has been stated earlier, I wish there was more KOTOR and Republic Commando games. Pretty glad they're coming out with a new battlefront.

...also I wish they would come out with new splinter cell games... that don't suck.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
EDIT: oh, and an actual Super Mario RPG sequel. Damn you, Square-Enix, for butchering two of my favorite games.

Both of these, so much. The Paper Mario games are pretty good, but they lack the feel of the original Super Mario RPG. And, of course, the Chrono games are classic.

Hmm, what else...

I'd like to see a non-F2P version of Tribes again, even though Tribes: Ascend is actually pretty damn good (and easily one of the best implementations of the F2P model around).

Populous

Ultima (Yes, there is a new game being created by Lord British that won't be under the Ultima name due to ownership rights, we'll see how that pans out.)

Half-Life (Duh)

Twitch shooters like Unreal Tournament and Quake 3

Earthbound (I know the "Mother" series did continue in Japan.)

Dino Crisis (We'll just pretend the third one doesn't exist.)

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Beyond Good and Evil

Couldn't agree more, thankfully it's happening :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkCXE1l5MVI

Vampire The Masquerade - First one sucked, but the second one (after installing all the fan made fixes) was an absolute winner!

Discworld - I just love the whole Pratchett universe so another game in it would be wonderful :)

Monkey Island - The 3d one had a painful engine, but to me Monkey Island 3 is basically like the pinnacle of the point and click puzzle solvers.

Quest For Glory - Anyone who's played the first 3 or 4 know's what I'm talking about :agreed:

Star Wars Pod Racer - It was awesome, don't care what anyone thinks or the negative association with that part of the franchise, it was still just a cool racing game :)

Dungeon Keeper - Such an immensly cool game, with a great sense of humour, and it was awesome playing the bad guy :D

Heroes of Might and Magic - A version that doesn't force you to log onto the internet for bonuses etc...

Stooge1996

Reaction score
The world needs Brutal Legend 2. Who would not want to play a game where you can shred the faces of people?. A Warcraft 4 and a proper fable 4 would be nice

Dommak89

Reaction score
Unreal Tournament and Quake, even if they just update the graphics. I played the shit out of the multiplayers. Best game on lan parties.

Qweklain

Reaction score
Strife
Legend of Legaia
Onimusha
Syphon Filter
Interstate 76
Star Wars: Battlefront
Shenmue

Another vote for Descent
Legend of Legaia, forgot all about that one! Haven't played the first one (didn't even beat it) in ages! I have both the first and second, but I have not played the second one on PS2 yet. This series was so unique.

pink freud

Reaction score
I'd like to see a non-F2P version of Tribes again, even though Tribes: Ascend is actually pretty damn good (and easily one of the best implementations of the F2P model around).

I agree. What I liked about T2 (didn't play T1 at the time, I found the mech game more interesting) was the user generated content. People made their own maps (even inventing some new types of map), their own weapons and vehicles...

Hell, Tribes 2 had Minecraft. Well, no digging, but you could build stuff using in-game elements. I spent a lot of time on Construction servers.

Unfortunately, I don't see a F2P model supporting user-generated content, at least not on that level.

Ooh, another one: Abe's Odyssey. That game was awesome. Need more of that.

Rock4ever

Reaction score
Beyond Good and Evil
Star Fox
Earthworm Jim
Oddworld
Blood Omen- The Kain Games, not Raziel's
Bionic Commando-2D, not the 3d crap version
Double Dragon
Banjo Kazooie

Not really a series but I wish sequels were made

Blast Corps/Jet Force Gemini/Conker's Bad Fur Day- GG MS on buying a top development team and farming out shovelware to them.

Planescape: Torment

')