Game Series You Wish Continued

• Thread starter Qweklain
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rosal76

Reaction score
I think game developers forgot how to do horror. You can even include a fair amount of weaponry and still have a good horror game.

Siren (2003) is like this. Excellent game. One of the few survival horror games where you have to run and/or sneak past enemies. What makes this game more difficult than say, Silent Hill and Resident Evil is that the enemies/creatures don't die. If you decide to shoot (with the small amount of bullets you have) or melee a enemy, they go down only to come back to life in few a minutes. Talk about survival. :scream:

Siren (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Drakengard - I spent so many hours grinding the first one just to level up weapons to see how they changed (still haven't maxed them all). Haven't played the second one, but I would love to see a new one with modern capabilities!

You're in luck friend.

...except it's a prequel to the first game.

For a true sequel (sans Drakengard 2) there's the game Neir, which is the lead from the events of Ending E, which is the true Drakengard canon ending and also wins the "Most WTF left field ending ever made in a computer game" title. :eek:

EDIT: Actually, it's one of 2 canon endings. The normal (normal compared to the above described) canon ending leads to Drakengard 2.

Ckackley

Reaction score
Another vote for Mechwarrior here. Mercenaries was my favorite. Not only did you have the "stomping around in a mech" aspect, but salvaging mechs and hiring Merc Pilots added a whole new element. MW Online is fun but has no personality.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
You're in luck friend.

For a true sequel (sans Drakengard 2) there's the game Neir, which is the lead from the events of Ending E, which is the true Drakengard canon ending and also wins the "Most WTF left field ending ever made in a computer game" title. :eek:

I don't know what that is, but it looks amazing. :eek:

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Ooh, another one: Abe's Odyssey. That game was awesome. Need more of that.

Stranger's Wrath was one of my favorite FPSs ever, and I'd have loved to have seen that particular offshoot of the series/universe keep going.

sunken0887

Reaction score
Eternal Champions and Arcus Odyssey(even though they really only made one installment of the game)

Aviator

Reaction score
I would love to see more epicness in WoW (I know loads of people dislike it now but it still has its charm). Some global events like Opening of Ahn'Quiraj or Opening of the Dark Portal. Or possibly W4 with really strong story like W3 had.

Definitely Darksiders (I & II) sequel. Its future is now really uncertain after THQ ended.

And I would love to see another Deus Ex game.

Qweklain

Reaction score
"Real survival horror games" .... not actiony, guns, not scary survival horror.

so Silent Hill!

Dead Space is incredibly creepy! I have not played the third yet, but I've read the third one lost some of it's "OH ....!" scariness which is unfortunate, but still quite good.

You're in luck friend.

EDIT: Actually, it's one of 2 canon endings. The normal (normal compared to the above described) canon ending leads to Drakengard 2.

Whhhhaaaaa???!!!? I did not know Nier was related! Now I have to find it for PS3... and turns out there are not many available (anyone have a mint one FS?). I am so glad there is a Drakengard 3, thanks for that Bloody! :wub:

Edit: Just pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of Drakengard 3 from the SquEnix store. On another note, I am VERY mad that there WAS a Collector's Edition for Lightning Returns!! At least I got the Steelcase from Target and the Gamestop pre-order bonuses as well... *sigh*

MoshJosh

Reaction score
I'm really hoping for a Dead Space 4 (I know Dead Space 3 isn't that old yet but still)! Doesn't have to be a continuation of the story but a game set in the same universe with the same/similar game play mechanics would make me happy

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
Star Wars Jedi Knight, Republic Commando, Rogue Squadron or Starfighter....I NEED a new flying Star Wars game :(

Age of Empires

Chrono, Trigger was the first RPG I played

Road Rash :lol:

and ofc a thousand more I can't remember right now...

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Some more from me:

Ganbare Goemon/Legend of Mystical Ninja: Among the most fun quirky series known to man, there hasn't been a new game since 2005... :(

Darkstalkers: It was mentioned before, and it's another one of Capcom's list of series laying dormant. :squint:

Rival Schools/Project Justice: See above.

Final Fantasy V and VI: Seriously VII and X get enough attention as it is, and the other series get some kind of sequel and spin off. Time for the rest to get the same treatment. V and VI more than any other games (the anime sequel to V doesn't count).

Solstice/Equinox: Boy I'm showing my age here. :ugh: :lol: These 2 games were fantastic back in it's time and I still enjoy playing them. Should this happen, Tim Follin doing the soundtrack is absolutely mandatory. No ifs, no buts.

Earthworm Jim: Also already mentioned, and rightfully so. The last 2 real EWJ games were crap compared to the original 2 platformers. We need a new game with that spirit back.

EDIT:

Koudelka/Shadow Hearts: One of may favorite sleeper horror themed J-RPG series in the past decade. Storywise, now I know it's a bit hard to follow up Covenant with the way it ends but From The New World was a decent spin off that carries the rich world lore. Plus there's still a few characters that can merit another story to tell...

Pat_tct

Reaction score
my Votes go to:
Quake / UT - i hate modern fps games like CoD etc. bring back the speed and skill

Grandia - man that was a great game....
Kingdom Hearts - i think i don't need to say more

Warcraft - how great would be a WC4 with beautiful graphics and the balance and gameplay of WC3:TFT

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Metroid - The last one we got that was a real Metroid was Other M in 2010 and it was FANTASTIC. I would love to see another Prime. I haven't played Corruption yet, but Prime and Echoes were amazing. It took me a couple years after Echoes came out before I really could appreciate how great it is. The first Prime I loved the second I started playing it.

I didn't see this before. A new entry in the Metroid franchise is something I'm eagerly awaiting just as much as I am a new console Zelda game. Other M could have been so, SO great. But alas, it's riddled with shoddy voice acting, a joke of a plot, and terrible characters (even Samus herself, and that's really what hurt me the most about it), with the only character I liked having been MB. The gameplay is fantastic though, albeit a bit too linear for tastes, and the visuals are gorgeous. I would have liked the music to be slightly more present, too, rather than mostly ambient noise. The Prime series are damn near perfect, though. Like you, I've yet to play Corruption.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Some more from me:

Soul Blazer/Gaia series: The 3 Soul games (Soul Blazer/Illusion Of Gaia/Terranigma) and Actraiser games were fantastic, though the chances of this happening are less than zip.

Zone Of The Enders: 2 animes and 3 games just aren't enough for me. Hideo Kojima has stated he's making a new installment, but that's currently on hold.

Assault Suits series: Speaking of mecha... There's 5 games worth of gold here that need to be either re-released to continued to anyone outside Japan; we only got Leynos/Target Earth and Valken/Cybernator here. No censoring either dammit. :squint: Metal Warriors was nice too.

Musashi series (Square Enix): Kingdom Hearts lite, but I thought the series had a cool charm.

Wild Arms: Nothing since WF5 and XF. A next-gen addition is due.

Battletoads: Another long overdue next-gen installment. The premise and story are secondary, as long as it continues the rich gameplay variety and challenge that the original games had (sans Battletoads & Double Dragon... that sucked).

Preacher

Lord of Beer
Reaction score
More Modern than a lot of these, but Saints Row, SR4 is one of the best games I have played in years.

Other than that, Serious Sam 4 would be cool, and proper top down isometric view strategy game sequel to Syndicate wars.

')