Gaming laptops

• Thread starter Zoltta
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zoltta

Guns N Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I know everything about PC's and shit about laptops. Im looking for a decent gaming laptop that wont cost be a fortune. Im more specifically looking for those brands that generally make high performance computers, not some Dell gateway bs. Anyone?

PS. a Fortune = 3000-5000 dollar alienware rip off crap

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
cyberpower PC has the best deals ive found. They build laptop builds with microATX desktop components, and fullscale videocards. Not mobile cards

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
cyberpower PC has the best deals ive found. They build laptop builds with microATX desktop components, and fullscale videocards. Not mobile cards

If you order from them be very careful - I know on their desktops they advertise on their site they oftentimes show system pictures with different cases than what your buying actually has.

case in point:

Athlon AM2 SLI Custom Build Configurator

shows a coolermaster 1000 case but the actual case is a Apevia X-Cruiser (check the System summary sidebar)

A lot of gaming laptops are really quasi desktop replacements. If you are running 2 video cards with sli and have a large screen your battery life will be very short (like 1 to 2 hours)

I quite like the alienwares actually- good warranty and well built. Price isnt bad (1500 range) Only bad thing about alienware is the yare now owned by dell and so you will have to suffer through their horrible customer service (if you would need any)

Vigor makes some nice stuff and the aegis isnt priced too bad this it has a 7000 series card
Vigor Gaming Computer: The Gaming PC with Extreme Vigor™

Wolfpack76

Contributor
Reaction score
Stay with alienware or dell there the only one that good inless you find a custom laptop take a look at pc club you mite find one there for good price.

VA-Exception

Reaction score
Stay with alienware or dell there the only one that good inless you find a custom laptop take a look at pc club you mite find one there for good price.

Alienware suck the mighty. I was considering ordering an alienware a while ago, all the customer service reps are morons. I asked if I could pay by american express and they said yes, in a conversation I had with their online java chat host. Then when I phoned up to place my order, I got like 3 phonecall transfers to different people telling me that I couldn't. Some of their components aren't even quality branded, get some OCZ platinum/liquid convection RAM, not their cheapy stock RAM.

Anyway.. I bought a mac pro.

and it fuxin RULEZ.

Plays c&c 3 and crysis like a dream.

Cyberpower were my alternative and i've heard they are very good, but I decided to go Mac because of all the recording/media stuff I wanted to do. Don't look down on it though, this 8 core monster will show up any gaming PC...as soon as I get my 9800 GT to replace my 8800 :p

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
i have an alienware laptop and it's dope. only problem is that with two video cards in such a little space it can overheat. just need to get one of those heatsinks for the bottom of your laptop

')