Gary Kramer Delta Wing - Turbulence 7 string

• Thread starter Dushan S
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dushan S

Reaction score
That actually looks pretty cool. I'm not crazy about the headstock but the rest of it is very unique looking. I just saw an ad in the newest Guitar World for another one of his guitars which was more of a "V" shape. Wasnt crazy about that one. This one has a more interesting body shape.

Thanks for the review and pics.
You are welcome! Haven't seen this add yet, but I guess you have seen Kramertorium model.

Very nice, finally someone around here bought one, I was thinking of purchasing one too, and Uli John Rothing it(add neck pickup under finger-board):hbang:
NAMM2007064.jpg

Then you may know who is this guy on the right :)

I'd love to hear some clips, even if you only have your POD man. :metal: Looks pretty cool, I was digging the bright yellow 7 string they had at NAMM this year. :agreed:
I will record clip or to in a few days, no problem.
The fretboard is just pure sex, since I usually play on the fretboard instead of on the headstock that's what really interests me about a guitar. I think it's kinda silly to even comment about the aesthetic of a guitar that's obviously built to be ergonomic instead of looking nice.
Now with that said, I to think that a reversed headstock would look better because it would have "flown" nicer with the design (I'm way to gay for my own good)

Now to some questions;

Is it hard to fret the highest frets, are they to small or can you fit your fingers in there?
What about the backside, how does the neckjoint look ?
How far away from your chin is the upper horn when sitting in classical position ?
How much do they cost?
I also do think it would look nice with reversed headstock.
After 24th fret, frets are small, vintage, instead of medium, and it is possible to fret them. As I have smaller hands and fingers, I can play up to 30th fret, but then it becomes a problem to play notes that are close, like in usual minor-major scale pattern, it is impossible to put three fingers on successive frets at the same time in highest position, even if you can play notes separately. You can still like, tap high note at 32. fret and gave your left hand play higher than 24th fret or play pentatonics as notes are far enough. Also, highest notes have weak sustain because string gets too short, but it is still playable if you are not trying to hold note for too long. Playing high notes gives interesting results that sound like something you get with whammy pedal, but as I have said, greater playability between 19th and 24th fret compared to standard neck is more interesting for me. Well, piercing your bandmates ears with high notes is also a nice bonus :cool::)
Not sure about price, you may check dealers list at their webpage.
Its different looking but still cool. Congrats. I have heard of Gary Kramer guitars before, but the only body style I have seen were the strat shapes. Sweet axe!
Kramer or Gary Kramer? people kind of mix things, as Gary has recently got back in business as "Gary Kramer Guitars" company and it is different than old "Kramer" brand name that is currently owned by Gibson.

whats the exact scale length on that mother?
25.5” I think

Yeah, I saw those guitars before, but not in person, but to be honest I thought what the body is way smaller, but it looks bigger that at pictures without real person holding it :)
Looks very weird, and actually looks huge, but I'm sure it's extremely comfortable. I'd love to hear some sound clips!
I am not exactly a basketball player, so guitar may look a bit bigger than it is in reality, if you judge by looking my photos. I was surprised by its size when I got it, thought it is bigger just by looking at pics.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
looks like a practical body shape instead of an aesthetic one, as mentiond.

i definitely wouldnt mind playing one to see how it feels. that many frets would scare me though :lol:

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mattmc74
Its different looking but still cool. Congrats. I have heard of Gary Kramer guitars before, but the only body style I have seen were the strat shapes. Sweet axe!

Kramer or Gary Kramer? people kind of mix things, as Gary has recently got back in business as "Gary Kramer Guitars" company and it is different than old "Kramer" brand name that is currently owned by Gibson.

Gary Kramer. He has an ad in Premier guitar magazine this month.

Rooster

Reaction score
Do you know where the guitar is made? I know the ones made in the US are much more expensive. I can't seem to find where the "import models" are built.

It's an awesome guitar. :hbang:

SS

G_Evolution

Reaction score
What a great axe - just seen one on US Ebay for $800....serious GAS (although the postage is high at $300+

Dushan S

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I promised to record a clip for you some time ago, but obviously, I am quite late... There are few clips I have uploaded recently at youtube, not great quality, but maybe still can give you some idea how guitar works in real life situation.
YouTube - DushanSvilokos's Channel

Do you know where the guitar is made? I know the ones made in the US are much more expensive. I can't seem to find where the "import models" are built.
The white one I have, 6 string similar to what is now called "Simulator" model is USA custom shop guitar - you can always ask for custom shop guitar, any model, but price is not easy on your wallet...
This black 7-string is Korean made, but it was "Hot-rodded" (see on their web page) by Leo Scala in custom shop, neck was additionaly contured, factory pickup was replaced with D-Sonic, pots changed, black ice added, and he also added this small pickguard just for aestethics purposes. Make no mistake, those korean made GK's are of very good quality, at least this one I got was nice work without any obivous flaws.

That upper horn makes me really nervous....
LoL! I often find myself handling guitar by grabbing it for the horn... So it has find one more use for me :)

Dushan S

Reaction score
You're welcome!

I droolin about this guitar few months.......GAS!!!
Well, try this guitar and if you like it you can always make a promise that this is the last guitar you have bought and you will not buy any guitars in the future after this one :D It may not help at all but you will feel better...temporary! :p

would u guys recomend this as a first 7?
It depends... For me it was not hard to adjust to wide neck, it was comfortable, and body shape was very comfortable too, but it took some time to adjust my picking hand. As this guitar has 36 frets, when picking hand is in usual position, you are right above those extra 12 frets, and you can't really pick in the same way as you are probably used to. After some time I learned to pick hard enough but don't dig in that much as I used to on "normal" guitar, and to move hand more towards pickup when playing some stuff. Now it is ok for me, and it wasn't that hard, but I guess it can be perceived as a problem for someone that is looking for a 7 string primary for metal chugga chugga rhythm work that needs some hard right hand picking. Of course, you can also play metal riffs on this guitar, but there is some learning curve. I was quite confused myself for a few days when I got it but now it is ok for me and I can easily switch from any other guitar to this one and vice versa and adjust picking immediately. It would be good if you could try guitar first.

Aww man, I want one of these now! Really nice playing dude!
Thanks man! Glad you like it!

reptillion

Reaction score
thanks man, that describes my rhythm style, i mash the strings as hard as i can. But for leads, i sometime prefer to play with my hand ofer the neck

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really, really want to get one of those. From a practical standpoint, I'm not sure what I'd use it for, but it looks damn interesting...

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I really, really want to get one of those. From a practical standpoint, I'm not sure what I'd use it for, but it looks damn interesting...
use it in a shred-off with noodles collen model

')