Gary Kramer finishes

• Thread starter TMM
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
So, I can't say I have any interest in ever owning one of these guitars, but does anyone know offhand if Kramer will do finishes for you if you send in a guitar?

I love this:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If they don't, perhaps another painter will be able to replicate it.

That finish reminds me of molten lava. :yum:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
goooood i would love to swirl one of those guitars!!!

Odd that you mention it. I've got the F-1 prototype that Leo and Gary took to NAMM a few years ago. It's a sweet guitar, and I paid a lot for it, but it's just black. And I was actually thinking I could send it to you to do something interesting! But I'm not yet sure if I want to jack with the prototype....

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Herc's swirls rule, nothing else comes close (no disrespect Ben)

agreed!!! herc's stuff is fantastic, second only to a good ATD in my book.

and as for the prototype.... well, do you own it as a collector's piece, or do you own it to play it?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
and as for the prototype.... well, do you own it as a collector's piece, or do you own it to play it?

Sigh...You got me there! I guess I just figured since I paid a lot more than the current ones, I ought not to mess with it. But a swirl isn't going to make the neck not fit well or anything, so I should get past it. And I need to swap out the chrome HW for black as well.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
i mean, if you're collecting, keep it stock! that is an extremely rare axe.... but if you're going to play it and keep it.... make it into whatever you want, you know?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
TMM have you emailed them yet? I'm curious to see how this works out as it really wouldn't surprise me if they work with a third party painter / artist for some of their finishes.

sheboingo

Reaction score
So, I can't say I have any interest in ever owning one of these guitars, but does anyone know offhand if Kramer will do finishes for you if you send in a guitar?

I love this:

They might. I think Leo does it by hand. It's actually golden leaves, finger printed (actually applied by fingers, no fingerprints duh) on a guitar. Like the ancient orthodox christian icons (those of you orthodox christian, you'll know).

Here's another sample:

_MG_0014.jpg

sheboingo

Reaction score
New finishes in production. I'm aware they are not sevenstrings but use your imagination. New Deltawing Turbulence ('Alien') 729 series has similar 'look and feel', just different colors. One is Ferrari Yellow sort of, and the other shall remain incognito at the moment. I would publish them, but these are production line photos so it'll have to wait for another coupla days.

DSC_0414.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

')