GAS: Fargen Mighty Plex MK II

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sooooo after doing some more research I'm putting down a deposit tomorrow :D

Should be ready ~8 weeks after that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah it's a gamble, hopefully it's as good as the clips I've heard and the commentary I've read... and hopefully I can figure out a way to keep the SE AND the Fargen as I think I'll have access to just about every tone in the universe between the two of them :D

Reaction score
I am suffering severe GAS for a Fargen Mighty Plex MK II, which is a 30 watt class A tube head with what basically amounts to the preamps of the Marshall JTM45, Plexi JMP, and JCM 800 into a pair of power tubes that are cathode biased (ie of it's got 8 pins and is a power tube you can just plug it in). Oh and it's got built in power scaling down to about 1/2 watt.

Fargen Guitar Amps : Fargen Mighty Plex MK II Guitar Amplifier : Tube Guitar Amps

It's a larger version of the Mini Plex MK II

Fargen Guitar Amps : Fargen Mini Plex MK II Guitar Amplifier : Tube Guitar Amps

mini-plex-mk2-guitar-amplifier-01-1.jpg

The downside is that if I buy one the SE will have to go. The clips I've heard of these sound damn good, and the power level is definitely more inline with what I can practically use, and I LOVE the Marshall tone, but I lose the amazing rip your face off gain the SE can produce.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
... why did you bump this? :scratch:

Latest posts

')