Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Jackson RR24

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP Stef B-7

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

hunter75

Reaction score
Hi never posted so here it goes, I'm totally GASSSING for a few things but don't know what to choose from, so help me out here, first things first, I want either of the following, Jackson RR24, Ibanez 8 string or a ESP Stef B-7, for the latter tuning wise the 6 would be tuned to Bb for cannibal corpse stuff, the stef B-7 for Open C with a low G and the 8 just down to F, I can use all the tunings fine but I want your views. Cheers \m/ :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
buy 8 string LTD SC-608 :agreed:

SC-608B_BLK.jpg

hunter75

Reaction score
buy 8 string LTD SC-608 :agreed:

SC-608B_BLK.jpg

I am tending to lean towards to the Stef models, I'd most probably want to tune it open C with an added G and E for more Strapping young lad stuff, cheers for the advise, you got any idea of the release date for that beast? :shred:

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
Few months imo:)

but ESP Stef-B7 is awesome if you want to stay with 7 string

hunter75

Reaction score
I have only heard good about the Stef B-7, apart from the whole pinch harmonic thing which i think was sorted, at the mo I'm kinda getting stuck in a rut of not liking the whole 7 string chugga thing so I think the 8 or just me changing my amp (which will be soon) so hopefully I can start writing again, cheers \m/

hunter75

Reaction score
Do you have any specs at all on the stef 8 like bridge wise, since I'll be using some pretty thick gauges for a low E I want to make sure the tuning stability is perfect, think some locking tuners will help at all?:yesway:

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
All strings up to 110 will fit, don't worry :) If you want locking tuners you can put them, but then you have to unwind some windings from the end of the string :agreed:

hunter75

Reaction score
Ha nice think 110 might be a bit much for me like, I may just get the Stef B-7 first to get used to the whole 27" scale although being a bass player aswell I should be fine, thinking about getting a peavey 6505, basically need something that will keep that low G sounding nice n tight, thinking about SYL Alien tone, want that beasty sound that the song Skeksis had :metal:

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
Use 080 or even thicker string if you want to tune down to G, much better tone for low notes riffing imo

hunter75

Reaction score
Wow an 80, I heard Devy uses a 60 on his baritone 7 I'll have to buy a few gauges around the 70 section as 60 for me at the mo is fairly crap, my guitar aint really designed to go anything below standard B really, nothing wrong with that but I love shredding in open C , cheers for helping me out anyway \m/

Wow an 80, heard Devy uses a 60 on his baritone but the 60 for me just aint cutting it, if Mehuggah are using a 70 for F and E I'll try around the 70 section, atm I'm using 10-52 for the open C part and the 60 for the G althoguh my guitar aint really meant to be tuned any lower than B, but I just can't get enough of shredding in open C :shred:

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, but meshuggah's custom is 30" and Stef is 27", so looking at tension you need 080 :kd: if you like lighter tension go use lighter strings :)

hunter75

Reaction score
Yer that is true, shame Ibanez can't get off their ass and see people want something that resembles meshuggahs customs, at least blackmachine have taken notice but don't give us a low enough price for us mere workers:ugh:

hunter75

Reaction score
Haha yeah but first ibanez will have to do it first and make ESP jealous of their slightly lower prices and availability, if I do get the Stef B-7 I might get some lundgrens n try em out, what make of amp would u recommend for a tuning as low as G, i'd use Line 6 if I liked digital sounding stuff but I doubt the spider valve will cut it for me:noplease:

Nick

Reaction score
vetta II if you want a digital amp of doom

if you want all tube WIN then get an ENGL

hunter75

Reaction score
A friend mine also has an ENGL, the invader I think, although I havn't heard him use his seven on it yet, I had a look at the Vetta II seemed pretty amazing when I heard Meshuggah using them, since theyre solid state do they have the whole classic thing or wearing out after a long period of use at high volumes (not that il get to use it much like that)

ukfswmart

Far too opinionated
Reaction score
No point in going for the SC608 as, from what I've heard, it's 25.5" :squint:

Kris, where do you live? If you're near London, Rocker's in Denmark Street are an ESP dealer, so they could get you anything you want. Either that or contact ESP in the UK and find out where your nearest dealer it; it's not hard to find what you want if you ask around :yesway: Also, if you're on a budget, you'd be best off going for the LTD version, as the B-7 is, like, twice the price of the 607B

Latest posts

')