Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESP Stef B-7

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
I vote on changing the amp first, then worrying about other guitars. No good having an amazing guitar, going through a Marshall MG, it'll still not sound great.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hunter75

Reaction score
No point in going for the SC608 as, from what I've heard, it's 25.5" :squint:

Kris, where do you live? If you're near London, Rocker's in Denmark Street are an ESP dealer, so they could get you anything you want. Either that or contact ESP in the UK and find out where your nearest dealer it; it's not hard to find what you want if you ask around :yesway: Also, if you're on a budget, you'd be best off going for the LTD version, as the B-7 is, like, twice the price of the 607B

I live up in the midlands :( lol, so far the only things I can find is the ltd version from GAK but tbh its petty but I really dont Stef's sig on the guitar and i wouldnt mind some sperzel lockers on it, unless I go off to RAN for my own thing :yesway:

hunter75

Reaction score
I vote on changing the amp first, then worrying about other guitars. No good having an amazing guitar, going through a Marshall MG, it'll still not sound great.

Yer well I'm savin up about £2500 for guitar gear which would take me about 5-6 months, thinking either peavey 6505 or the vetta's, what does anyone else think of them or had experience with em

ukfswmart

Far too opinionated
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote, does anyone here actually have any personell experience with the 607B at all, just to know what its like thx :yesway:

It's my main 7. It's brilliant. You won't want to go back to standard scale guitars after you've settled into the baritone scale, which doesn't take long at all. The only real differences between it an the B7 are an ebony fretboard and a different headstock decal, so in my mind it's not worth the extra just to have a guitar that says 'ESP' on it

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/guitar-review-database/22337-esp-stephen-carpenter-7-sc607b.html

Sponge

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
I am tending to lean towards to the Stef models, I'd most probably want to tune it open C with an added G and E for more Strapping young lad stuff, cheers for the advise, you got any idea of the release date for that beast? :shred:

SYL effing rocks! You could always go 8 string and add a low E to get EGCGCGCE. On 7s I prefer GCGCGCE for the massive sounds and plan to add the low E, just a thought?

From having 7 strings of both makes, and woods, for these two models I'd estimate
SC-608>Ibby8

hunter75

Reaction score
SYL effing rocks! You could always go 8 string and add a low E to get EGCGCGCE. On 7s I prefer GCGCGCE for the massive sounds and plan to add the low E, just a thought?

From having 7 strings of both makes, and woods, for these two models I'd estimate
SC-608>Ibby8

Cheers for all the support guys, I use a seven already tuned to GCGCGCE and I love it, makes soloing sound just a bit more tasty lol, I'd a low E for like the song possessions by syl pretty beasty sounding, I'll deffinately check the sc608 out, as a bass player already I think the 27" will feel just fine with me :metal:

It's my main 7. It's brilliant. You won't want to go back to standard scale guitars after you've settled into the baritone scale, which doesn't take long at all. The only real differences between it an the B7 are an ebony fretboard and a different headstock decal, so in my mind it's not worth the extra just to have a guitar that says 'ESP' on it

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/guitar-review-database/22337-esp-stephen-carpenter-7-sc607b.html

Thx for that I think I'd be able to get used to Stefs crappy smiley face thing on the neck haha, I see on your profile that you added a kahler to it, howd you go about doing that? :yesway:

Latest posts

')