Gauging interest - Sevenstring.org T-shirts?

• Thread starter Drew
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a SS.org T for $20? if so, what size?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Silver or gray screen printing on black shirts would be cool as well.

I prefer a single logo centred on the front. "Breast pocket" logos get covered by your strap when you play (assuming you're right handed). And i generally don't wear shirts with logos on the back.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm actually with darren. On both counts, silver or, especially, light grey could look quite tasteful.

$20 is a figure I'm just tossing out there - I figure, even if we have a small batch, we should be able to come in at no higher than that. If we can get it lower, than by all means, but I didn't want to have a lot of people saying "yeah, I want a shirt," and then when they came out at about $18 a peice shipped (for example), about a third of you backing out. This way, if the price changes (which I'd imagine it will), it'll come out less than we were expecting.

I did some pricing ages ago on a site I think wildalien had recommended, and for a smallish batch, they were coming out about $15 or so a peice. That figure will drop as numbers go higher, though.

-D

BCrowell

Cubicle Dweller
Contributor
Reaction score
Hell yeah! Count me down for at least one XL. I agree with darren on the styles/colors. I also think Gray shirt/white lettering would also be cool. I'd also like something on the front & back...

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ok, I just did a quick tally - we've got interest in 1 small, three mediums, 11 larges, and five xl and five xxl's, for a batch of 25. I think that's enough to make it feasible to take a shot at doing this... :)

I have no idea what shipping to the uk would be, or how to look into it. Any ideas?

And of course then there's the question of shirt design - I'd just assumed black with sevenstring.org screened across the chest in white or light grey, but it looks like there's a few other ideas out there. So, everyone brainstorm. :) Maybe some of you photoshop types could do some mockups?

-D

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Are you going by what people's text responses are, or by the poll numbers?

I put in my vote for a small, but didn't bother voicing it in my post above.

If you can email me a vector version of the ss.org logo, i can mock up how the shirts might look.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I ended up just going by the text, since the poll couldn't account for numbers, and was thus essentially worthless. :lol:

I'll see what I can do. Just, what's a vector version?

<=== computerly clueless.

keithb

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Drew said:
I ended up just going by the text, since the poll couldn't account for numbers, and was thus essentially worthless. :lol:

I'll see what I can do. Just, what's a vector version?

<=== computerly clueless.

There are two basic kinds of computer images: bitmap and vector. Bitmap images are specified by something like a list of pixels (the little colored dots on the computer screen). When resized, they tend to get grainy.

Vector graphics are specified by a description of the lines (vectors) in the picture. As such, they can be resized without getting grainy.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ahh. Cool.

I could go either way, sephi, but charcoal as an approximate match for the color of the site might be cool... :) The warmer of the two dark greys used, anyway...

Digital Black

Reaction score
I think a dark charcoal would be cool.. Too light it shows up dirt and crap a lot more..

But whatever is cool..

shredfreak

Reaction score
Count me in for an XL shirt. Shipping to belgium here though. Only thing that comes to mind for shipping is ups, any other ideas?

a_daft_punk

Reaction score
I polled above for a medium but I need shipped to the UK too. I don't think this is impossible if one person had the shirts. And the import tax on a t-shirt can't be huge can it?

Joe

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, it's what, 20%? On our tarket figure of sub-$20, that's less than four bucks. :)

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I originally voted no cause I figured it would just be the forum logo on a shirt. If that's not the case and it's going to have some cool graphic on it (maybe a seven string guitar as well) then I'd definitely be interested in an extra large.

Rev.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I like the idea of using the forum logo personally, though if we're going for a new logo of some kind it would be cool to work in 7 parallel lines (like the strings on a 7-string) somewhere, just my random 4:30am-and-haven't-slept idea :lol:

I *might* be interested in a Large or XL, depending on how much it'll cost to get to Canada and how my money's flowing over the next while (looking for a job, and just bought a new half-stack...gotta have priorities, right? lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
')