Gcx with 2 preamps stereo

c-chavez

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm building a rack setup with 2 preamps, a poweramp, a gmajor, and a gcx audio switcher. I want to connect the 2 preamps so that I could use them both in stereo, and, when needed, use them both independently. I'm splitting the signal in some point of the gcx so that both preamps get the same signal. Signal path 1 goes to a Loop 'In' (Loop4) and signal path 2 goes to another Loop 'In' (Loop5). The 'Send' of Loop4 goes to preamp 1, and the 'Send' of loop5 goes to preamp2.
How do I connect the gmajor? should I connect it after both loops and before the poweramp? am I connecting the other things right, or is there another way you could think of?
I think I could only have stereo when both preamps are active, but I would love to use maybe just one preamp stereo also.

I really appreciate your help

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
You can connect the G-major after the preamp loops as you describe, and use its own patches to determine how to route the signals, as you may, if I recall correctly, connect each preamp to a separate input and then manipulate the signal chain and panning as you like.

You can even try to use the G-Major to mute the signal from either preamp via its routing, yet I am not certain whether you can accomplish that per se, as I haven't messed with one for ages, now.

')