Gear Help Required

• Thread starter chaos_reborn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gear Combination for Recording???

• Ibanez RG827z + Line6 UX2 POD Studio

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Ibanez RG7321 + Line 6 POD HD 400/500

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
hey guys.....
im planning on buying my first sevenstring and an audio interface for recording and live use....
and ive got 2 sort of combinations, keeping in line with my budget of approx $1300....

1) Ibanez RG827Z + Line6 UX2 POD Studio
OR
2) Ibanez RG7321 + Line6 POD HD 400/500

which on do u think i should opt for.......
im a noob when it comes to the whole recording part....so any help on these lines would be appreciated

Regards :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Svtekh

Reaction score
Scratch the ibanez, get a carvin and then save up some more cash for the pod while you wait for the carvin to get there. "good things come to those who wait"

gandalf

Reaction score
In the long run I believe you will be more happy with a small cheap Pro Tools, Logic or Cubase setup because its so easy to work with other work stations. You can get a really cheap pro tools setup with a micro mbox

texshred777

Reaction score
Get a used RG7620 if you want a locking trem. With a budget of $1300 you can get an RG7620 and POD HD 500. You'll get a better trem and pickups than the 827, not to mention an interface you can use live.

Iamasingularity

7string Ghost
Reaction score
Hey Bhai,
I don`t know much about your current rig, but if you haven`t used a POD before, you might want to get a used pod xt floor or something. As for the 7string, I have a 7620, and it has stock pickups that actually sound decent and the tremolo the 1st edge, is the only FYR tremolo I am comfortable with in the FYR lineup. Where in India do you live, and where are you purchasing your gear from? Any additional info will help us, help you.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
I don't know if you noticed, but the UX2 can't be used live very easily, you have to bring a laptop to make it work, and there is a very big chance of error by doing this

so I would stick to a HD or POD X3 live
about the guitar, I don't have much experience with Ibanez 7 string, so this is up to you :D
all the ones I tried came with 0.9 strings and Im used to 0.11 in 25.5 scale guitars

')