Gear Question

• Thread starter SHREDDER
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SHREDDER

ShredAholic
Reaction score
Not including Guitars, What is the one piece of gear you could absolutely NOT live without?

I have so much gear that I am even having a hard time answering my own question.

I guess it would be my PODXT, I love my POD.... :wub:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
You know, at this point, I really can't say. My Nomad is the least dispensible part of my rig at the moment, but could I live without it? Sure, I'd be pretty happy with a Rect-o-Verb 50 or a Mk-IV, or even a Lone Star... Everything else, though - I don't use a heck of a lot of effects, so my wah generally just gathers dust. My slides are just for special occasions, really, and don't get much use, especially as I'm a shitty slide player.

Can I cheat and say a Jazz III? ;) Hell, maybe my tuner, a Korg CA-30... Although as far as tuners go it's nothing special, I should really bite the bullet and grab a Peterson...

-D

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I use a lot of effects, so my GT-6 is pretty much indispensible for getting the sounds i hear in my head. That said, sometimes i get into a 'purist' mode where i'd really love to just plug directly into a wicked-sounding tube combo.

Now that i've seen the light since acquiring a StroboStomp, you'll have to pry my Peterson out of my cold, dead hands. I suppose the only other thing i'd need is a cable. ;) George L's, please!

All hail the Gnome

Reaction score
Doctor J said:
Ampeg VH140C

Solid state amp but man it has the tone
:agreed: Yeah man, that's one sweet SS amp. The only one I've ever really liked. I recorded an album with one of those and my UV. Love it.
The one thing I can't live without is my Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor pedal. It has really helped define my sound.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
My Vox Wah-wah pedal????????????????????????????????????????????????

PS: Tone it down with the question marks, yo.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
My Vox Wah-wah pedal????????????????????????????????????????????????

PS: Tone it down with the question marks, yo.
I personally thought he could use a few more. Maybe... I dunno, 50 or so.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Thanks, for removing the unnecessary question marks ;) Whether that was SHREDDER or a mod. :cool:

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
BBE Sonic Maximizer, or as I call it, "The Magic Box."

')