Gear setup

• Thread starter Brett89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

YngwieReid

Reaction score
Answering your question is quite difficult, because is best is all for whom, and what style.

I'm an 80's guy, so I like to keep things simple. I used to be Guitar to Amp..thats it...maybe a wah. Now I'm getting in some more effects as my style is changing.

However for self practice - a Vox AD30 is a BEAUTIFUL amp, all you need is a guitar.

For band practice you don't really need anything that loud, just something to hear through the drum frequences. A 100watts should do. However dB's and pushing air are 2 different things. If you have a 4x12 and a 1x12 you're gonna sound louder through the bigger cabinet.

For gigs, I like to use "All Tube Heads" into a Vintage 30 Celestion Cabinet either 2x12 or 4x12. Either way it's being mic'd, and I'm using a moniter so by cutting back on the stage noise I find I can get more into whats happening and play better.

As for effects.. I dont' think it gets better than T.C. Electronics. There's no tone suck or "coloring" to your guitar. I love to hear my guitar thruogh a tube amp, so to color that sound with poor effects is something I just can't have. The Gmajor is cheap, and does what I need. I don't have one of my own, but I'll be using the Behringer FCB1010 to controll it.

The best advice I can give is, find out what works for you and stick to it. Just because it's simple doesn't mean it's worse than something huge. For me, I find the bigger the more problems, so simple is my way of choice.

~AJ. Reid

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')