Gentlemen... BEHOLD!

• Thread starter Karl Hungus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
That's one sexy guitar. Personally I'd probably get a floating bridge, but to each their own. :metal:

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
JJ Rodriguez said:
That's one sexy guitar. Personally I'd probably get a floating bridge, but to each their own. :metal:

You never know, I might be so happy with it, I might get a second one with a Floyd? :idea:

Did I mention that this baby has 25 frets?

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Karl Hungus said:
You never know, I might be so happy with it, I might get a second one with a Floyd? :idea:

Did I mention that this baby has 25 frets?

No, no you did not, that's pretty sweet. Can you actually afford a second one? :lol: If so, throw some of that coin my way. I don't suppose you could PM me the approximate cost or post it? I've beenthinking of getting a custom guitar for awhile and just interested in what kind of price a custom BC Rich would cost me.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
JJ Rodriguez said:
No, no you did not, that's pretty sweet. Can you actually afford a second one? :lol: If so, throw some of that coin my way. I don't suppose you could PM me the approximate cost or post it? I've beenthinking of getting a custom guitar for awhile and just interested in what kind of price a custom BC Rich would cost me.

Nope, I cannot afford a second one at all, I'm just dreaming.

If you're interested though, here's what a 7 String Stealth with a Floyd would look like:

stealth7.jpg

The price for a custom BC Rich can vary wildly, depending on what you want, and what dealer you're talking to, so the best thing to do is get an idea of what you want, and shoot off an email to this fellow here:

jay@mycousinjays.com

That's the dealer I went through, and a seriously spot-on guy altogether. Whatever you do though, avoid Guitar Asylum as they will fleece you. We'll just say that the quote Jay gave me, and the quote Guitar Asylum gave me had about $700 in the difference. That's for the exact same guitar! :eek:

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok... She arrived today!

Jesus fucking christ what a MONSTER... What a shredding fucking DEMON! I tuned her down to A and tried out how she sounds with God Of Emptiness... "Immense" is all I can say.

More later. ;)

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
nyck said:
just a tidbit of info i found funny. this is an excerpt from an interview with chuck in 1998:

Death is tuned in D for years now, Did you ever tried other, maybe lower tunings?

"No. D tuning is perfect for us. You gain some low without loosing control. By tuning lower you start to sound like the rest. I also refuse bying a 7-string guitar, it's a trend, nobody is being creative with the extra string, they only use it for an extra low tuning."
i wonder if this was before they toured with Nevermore? i doubt chuck would say that about loomis... thats an absolutely sweet looking guitar though

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
...and you haven't posted pics yet? I deem that false, you will post pics. *flex*

Sorry man, but my Camera is false. This is all that came out of the pics I took today:

Stealth5.jpg

Not exactly great is it?

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Leon said:
nice!!

good to see it has both a bridge AND a neck pickup, unlike this weirdo ;)

Well, that one has a bridge also, his hand is just infront of it. But yeah, it's MY guitar, so it has to have an Air Norton. :shred:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Karl Hungus said:
Well, that one has a bridge also, his hand is just infront of it. But yeah, it's MY guitar, so it has to have an Air Norton. :shred:
no he was just pointing out chucks was "missing" the neck pickup, but imo theres nothing wrong with that, its just like some jazz guitars that only have neck pickups, they aren't missing anything, its all they need

God Hand Apostle

Tin Foil Central
Reaction score
DANG!!!

I've been waiting to see you get that thing since you ordered it when the ExtenedeRangeGuitar Forum was still alive! :ugh:

I bet it's crazy in person.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
God Hand Apostle said:
DANG!!!

I've been waiting to see you get that thing since you ordered it when the ExtenedeRangeGuitar Forum was still alive! :ugh:

I bet it's crazy in person.

It's bigger than it looks in the pictures, quite a monster altogether.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
yeah they are rather large... heres one i fixed up for the terrible singer of my old band, put an x2n in the bridge spot, ala chuck, and did a full setup including truss rod...

Stealth.jpg

big difference i notice comparing your neck through and chucks neck through to this bolt-on, the neck starts at a totally different place...

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Elysian said:
big difference i notice comparing your neck through and chucks neck through to this bolt-on, the neck starts at a totally different place...

Yeah, I see what you mean! Christ, if that had a tune-o-matic, the tailpiece would be hanging over the body on that. You wouldn't be able to get past the 21st fret either I imagine.

I was just playing The Philosopher on my Stealth this morning, and HOLY FUCK! I don't think I've ever heard a guitar with such bite, such attack or such power in my life! It's unreal! I really think I picked a winning combination of wood and pickups, because it just sounds astonishing. :bowdown:

')