Gentlemen... BEHOLD!

• Thread starter Karl Hungus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Stealth1.jpg

Stealth2.jpg

Stealth3.jpg

Stealth4.jpg

My USA Custom Shop Stealth 7 String.

Don't get too excited, these are just the dealer's pics, I've not actually got it in my hands just yet, but I couldn't resists showing everyone!

:shred: :hbang: :shred:

I cannot wait for it! :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ooh. Now THAT's cool. Where'd you get it? How much?

Makelele

Reaction score
eaeolian said:

He had it custom made? :shred:. Probably cost a freakin' lot

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
eaeolian said:

Haven't even payed for it yet, so I'll hold off on telling the price. Mmmkay?

I ordered it from www.mycousinjays.com who is a splendid fellow altogether.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Very schuldiner-esque. Judging by your sig, that isnt a coincidence \m/

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
If it were green, it'd look like Gumby!

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Very schuldiner-esque. Judging by your sig, that isnt a coincidence \m/

You're quite right, it is no coincidence at all. Rather a 7 String tribute to Chuck's guitar, if you will.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks!

By the way, for those who don't know, this is Chuck Schuldiner, and his mighty guitar:

Chuck91.jpg

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
just a tidbit of info i found funny. this is an excerpt from an interview with chuck in 1998:

Death is tuned in D for years now, Did you ever tried other, maybe lower tunings?

"No. D tuning is perfect for us. You gain some low without loosing control. By tuning lower you start to sound like the rest. I also refuse bying a 7-string guitar, it's a trend, nobody is being creative with the extra string, they only use it for an extra low tuning."

Doctor J

I Don't Own An Ibanez 7!
Reaction score
nyck said:
just a tidbit of info i found funny. this is an excerpt from an interview with chuck in 1998:

Death is tuned in D for years now, Did you ever tried other, maybe lower tunings?

"No. D tuning is perfect for us. You gain some low without loosing control. By tuning lower you start to sound like the rest. I also refuse bying a 7-string guitar, it's a trend, nobody is being creative with the extra string, they only use it for an extra low tuning."

And he was right too. Watching that Ibanez 7th Heaven was the most depressing hour of my life... (Vai and Petrucci excluded) one low skill moron after another chugging sloppily in B. If they were the best Ibanez had to offer as examples of the potential of the 7... :wallbash:

Wasn't Shannon Hamm playing a Jackson 7 in the Live And Raw DVD?

Too bad Chuck didn't live long enough to see what came after the trend and get to re-evaluate his opinion :(

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
nyck said:

I know well about that, I've checked up a lot of Chuck's interviews and what kinda gear he uses. As much as I think his guitar playing is awesome, and I love the look of his Stealth, I'm still my own player, and I like 7 strings. ;)

nyck said:
oh, beautiful guitar by the way! what pickups are in it?

DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
Awesome. I thought it was kind of odd, chuck's response. He has a very different sound and way of playing, i think if he saw what a 7 string could do, he might have changed his mind. Like what Doctor J said, if he stayed around longer to see all the possibilities that could come out of a 7, i think he might have dabbled a little into the extended range.

Back to the guitar! Evo7+mahogany would result in pure cream! I'd imagine it would sound excellent. You'll definetly have fun. :D

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeahm Nyck, the Evo should sound amazing with the Mahogany, and the Air Norton is always sex. :shred:

Doctor J said:
And he was right too. Watching that Ibanez 7th Heaven was the most depressing hour of my life... (Vai and Petrucci excluded) one low skill moron after another chugging sloppily in B. If they were the best Ibanez had to offer as examples of the potential of the 7... :wallbash:

I thought it was fairly good to be honest, especially with the Jazz and classical guitars throw into the mix, really showed you could do a lot more than what the morons were doing.

But you're right... It is a pity Chuck isn't around.

Doctor J

I Don't Own An Ibanez 7!
Reaction score
Ah yes, forgot the jazz guy, I just can't rid my head of the two clowns from Korn who could barely string a sentence together, let alone a cohesive run of playing

')