Genz benz g-flex 2x12 thoughts?

• Thread starter jcbakz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    genz benz
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jcbakz

Reaction score
your thoughts on the cab aside from metal?
worth or fail?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

remington

Reaction score
One of the guitarists in my progressive rock/metal experimental type band plays with one and a avatar with a Mesa nomad and it sounds great on everything

Inazone

Reaction score
They're very well-built, but when I used one to record years ago, it really seemed to me that some amps just didn't get along well with it. It was mostly a matter of EQing differently to get the type of bass response appopriate for the music/playing style vs. a non-ported cab with the same amp.

My drummer has the ported 4x12 version in his recording studio and loves it. I've used it for a couple of gigs and it sounds great, but I don't know that I personally would record with it, unless I could try a few different speakers in it.

viesczy

Reaction score
they sound really good. I used them with my El Diablo 100 head ( a seriously under appreciated amp).
I had eminence legends in mine and it sounded monstrous

Agreed x 2.

I hated the tone of my Laney VH100 and Evo7s until I ran those through my Gflex. Granted that combination of pickup and amp still sounds brittle, but far better.

Honestly, everything sounds better through the Gflex.

Now for the Genz Benz El Diablo... anyone who talks trash on them is mistaken. My El D 100 and El D 60/30C can do anything I want them to do except park my vehicle. Molten to mellow, dastardly to divine. I won't be w/o my El Diablo amps.

Derek

Reaction score
i have the 4x12 and it kills!!!! super low end and can seriously kick you right in the face with no problem at all. not i just have to get a head for it..........

oh, and these cost about $1300 new right? because i got mine for $400 haha

jcbakz

Reaction score
hey guys thanks for sharing...
im picking up the 2x12 by this week or next week probably a bit heavy on the pocket but im sure its worthed. actually the first time I have seen this cab for sale here in our country..
what are your thoughts on a speaker cabinet on top of a wooden box type table made of pinewood (hard & heavy)? is there a huge difference in bass response? I have this and is thinking of using it or spend $30 and buy an amp standback?

')