George Floyd...

Vairocarnal

...is something.
Reaction score
My statement is not a reply to anyone. It's just my two cents based on my life experience. Also, for reference, all people in my incident were "white". I believe it would be referred to as a "white on white" incident by most POC observers.

holy shit dude, unreal. i'm sorry that happened to you.

I appreciate your consideration, thank you!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
IMG_20200601_073749.jpg

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
holy shit dude, unreal. i'm sorry that happened to you.

Because its about fuckin time?
The time for passive reaction was gone LONG ago, like 400 years ago. So if a few POC officers want to kneel on the neck of a "guilty" white person, then lets go.

Do you understand the LENGTH and overall span that this racism represents? Have you the slightest clue?

broj15

Reaction score
View attachment 81356
Someone just posted this nonsense. I think it's legit too judging by the comments on it

So you're saying that this, a peaceful form of protest is nonsense but rioting in the streets is also nonsense, but Kaepernick taking a knee wasn't the right thing to do either. So then what exactly do you propose that people do?

Still just trying to figure out if you're a really weak troll/some "intellectual" playing devil's advocate or someone who really does lack any form of logicbor reason, so much so that you lack any consistency between you're arguments.

EDIT: no need to report this comment either, since intellectual isn't really an insult even when it's in quotations and used VERY sarcastically.

broj15

Reaction score
Also, I WILL edit amend this comment for posterity if it end up not being true, but I'm hearing reports from friends on the ground that police in Kansas City have switched from "less lethal" ammunition to LIVE ROUNDS for any and everyone caught out past curfew.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
So you're saying that this, a peaceful form of protest is nonsense but rioting in the streets is also nonsense, but Kaepernick taking a knee wasn't the right thing to do either. So then what exactly do you propose that people do?

Still just trying to figure out if you're a really weak troll/some "intellectual" playing devil's advocate or someone who really does lack any form of logicbor reason, so much so that you lack any consistency between you're arguments.

EDIT: no need to report this comment either, since intellectual isn't really an insult even when it's in quotations and used VERY sarcastically.

To defend that, I also see such things as nonsense. If you boycott a specific business and go to a competitor, that's flexing some economic power. It has an effect. But what effect does it do to buy your groceries for wednesday and thursday on tuesday, rather than wednesday? If you put off an Amazon purchase for one day, who cares? And to do this during a time when spending is already at record lows across the country and no one is buying shit anyway, makes it that much more poorly thought out to me. Even if it's targetted... like POC, please no buying movie tickets on Wednesday... how does that put pressure on governments and law enforcement?

I don't mind such things because they are protests. I mind them because they seem fundamentally flawed and destined to be ineffectual.

broj15

Reaction score
To defend that, I also see such things as nonsense. If you boycott a specific business and go to a competitor, that's flexing some economic power. It has an effect. But what effect does it do to buy your groceries for wednesday and thursday on tuesday, rather than wednesday? If you put off an Amazon purchase for one day, who cares? And to do this during a time when spending is already at record lows across the country and no one is buying shit anyway, makes it that much more poorly thought out to me. Even if it's targetted... like POC, please no buying movie tickets on Wednesday... how does that put pressure on governments and law enforcement?

I don't mind such things because they are protests. I mind them because they seem fundamentally flawed and destined to be ineffectual.

Because people will take notice. Idk why any of y'all opposing this are trying to dress it up as anything other than the obvious: y'all don't want poc to protest or exercise thier rights in any way shape or form because you're content to watch them continue to die. There's really no political stance to be taken here. It's not a dem vs. rep, red vs. blue, or capitalist vs. communist issue at this point. It's a violation of basic human rights, but I guess as long as you aren't the one with a boot to the back (or rather a knee to the neck) then it's just a story on the 10 o clock news and a minor inconvenience cuz your favorite big box stores took a much deserved beating.

Edit: I'll double down on my previous statement that a few of y'all found so offensive: if you oppose POC protesting - in whatever way they see fit - then you are either a blatant or covert white supremacist whether you realize it or not. If you take offense to that then I highly suggest you take some time to ponder just why you find that so offensive. I know I have racist tendencies that are ingrained in me due to the environment I was raised in (predominantly white, rural, Midwestern small town with alot of other blatant white supremacists). I freely admit that. But I take those experiences, listen to the experiences of those that do suffer from systemic oppression and try and learn a thing or two from them when I can.

Last edited:

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Because its about fuckin time?
The time for passive reaction was gone LONG ago, like 400 years ago. So if a few POC officers want to kneel on the neck of a "guilty" white person, then lets go.

Do you understand the LENGTH and overall span that this racism represents? Have you the slightest clue?
Ok. I was wondering if it was just that you wanted to see anyone in particular murdered or just a white person being murdered by a black person. Why would you LOVE to see video footage of anyone being murdered under any circumstances?

I dislike seeing footage of police murdering people just as much as I dislike seeing footage of people being murdered by Nazis or anyone else. I don't understand what gives pleasure in seeing someone else die.

There were a few kids in my unit that loved watching videos of graphic and violent murders and public suicides and the like. My cousin still finds gun camera footage of Muslims being exploded and mutilated hilarious.

I guess I can kind of see your point thinking that they did it to us for so long. But how would flipping it around make you any better than they? Why does anyone need to be murdered by police?

narad

Reaction score
Because people will take notice. Idk why any of y'all opposing this are trying to dress it up as anything other than the obvious: y'all don't want poc to protest to exercise thier rights in any way shape or form because you're content to watch them continue to die. There's really no political stance to be taken here. It's not a dem vs. rep, red vs. blue, or capitalist vs. communist issue at this point. It's a violation of basic human rights, but I guess as long as you aren't the one with a boot to the back (or rather a knee to the neck) then it's just a story on the 10 o clock news and a minor inconvenience cuz your favorite big box stores took a much deserved beating.

I'm saying really no one will take notice if POC refrain from buying stuff for ONE WHOLE DAY. omg, how will the businesses stay open?? Most businesses won't even be able to measure the effect if people go in the next day and buy two-day's worth of stuff.

I can actually be in favor of POCs protest, and still think some ideas are poorly thought out. Stop reading weird prejudices into my comments. For instance, what if I told all people to boycott McDonald's for one minute. Do you think McDonald's cares? Does my movement accomplish anything? I'm saying very bluntly, if POC stop buying things for one day, I don't think it will make any net result in bottom lines and people won't care, and frankly I think people will actually be able to follow it or want to follow it. Feel free to prove me wrong. I know I've heard of similar 1-day boycotts being done previously. I don't remember what they were for...

Or to put another way, in the middle ages, do you think armies walked up and laid siege to a city for one day? Cut them off from food and water, and starved them out, for one day? Laying siege is very effective, but it kind requires a sustained and focused effort. Boycotting is the same principle. This is simply logic.

broj15

Reaction score
I'm saying really no one will take notice if POC refrain from buying stuff for ONE WHOLE DAY. omg, how will the businesses stay open?? Most businesses won't even be able to measure the effect if people go in the next day and buy two-day's worth of stuff.

I can actually be in favor of POCs protest, and still think some ideas are poorly thought out. Stop reading weird prejudices into my comments. For instance, what if I told all people to boycott McDonald's for one minute. Do you think McDonald's cares? Does my movement accomplish anything? I'm saying very bluntly, if POC stop buying things for one day, I don't think it will make any net result in bottom lines and people won't care, and frankly I think people will actually be able to follow it or want to follow it. Feel free to prove me wrong. I know I've heard of similar 1-day boycotts being done previously. I don't remember what they were for...

Or to put another way, in the middle ages, do you think armies walked up and laid siege to a city for one day? Cut them off from food and water, and starved them out, for one day? Laying siege is very effective, but it kind requires a sustained and focused effort. Boycotting is the same principle. This is simply logic.

It comes down to the fact that you're openly criticising something that you have absolutely no right to criticize. Let them protest how they see fit. Doesn't matter if you think it will work or not. Either get on the train, lay on the tracks or don't even bother showing up to the station. It's not your movement and it's not your place to tell people how to run thier movement.

narad

Reaction score
It comes down to the fact that you're openly criticising something that you have absolutely no right to criticize. Let them protest how they see fit. Doesn't matter if you think it will work or not. Either get on the train, lay on the tracks or don't even bother showing up to the station. It's not your movement and it's not your place to tell people how to run thier movement.

I mean, maybe it will have some sort of "togetherness" effect that is beneficial for the movement, but when it comes to talking about economic pressure, we are now in the realm of objective results. If POC want to refrain from buying things for one day out of some sense of solidarity etc., fine, I'm not criticizing that.

But if they are doing so out of an intent to exert economic pressure on markets in the hopes that it changes police enforcement, which was my reading of that tweet, then I'm afraid there are some cold, objective realities (which I do not control nor influence) that make it difficult to have an effect, absolutely regardless of who is doing it or why. You cannot ignore how economics works when trying to exert economic pressure, I'm sad to say. It would be like saying that in support of George Floyd, all POCs will divide by zero on July 7th.

NotDonVito

molesta la breastas
Reaction score
(predominantly white, rural, Midwestern small town with alot of other blatant white supremacists)
:facepalm:

you know this shit hits different when you live in a black city, and going out in public right now, at least after dark, is pretty much an invitation to get mugged/beaten

but no lets listen to the guy sitting safely in his cornfield or whatever

that's all i have to say, no re

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score

you know this shit hits different when you live in a black city, and going out in public right now, at least after dark, is pretty much an invitation to get mugged/beaten

yea cause poor black people committing crime is because of the black part right? dingus

broj15

Reaction score

Uuuhhhhh where someone was raised =/ where someone lives currently. It's a crazy thing but people can move out of the place where they grew up to somewhere new. Just an FYI but I live in a city where people have tried to mug me when I was walking home from work late at night. There have been riots in my city and I'd still go out at night because I know what side I stand on.

')