George Lynch Clinic in Margate, FL on 5/31/07

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome. George Lynch is fantastic. His work with Dokken and Tony MacAlpine is what made me like him alot. I wish I could be there. Have fun! :hbang:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Have fun and if you don't come back with pics you're dead to me. :D

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
That should be a kickass clinic. He's supposed to be coming to Tampa, or maybe he was already there. I probably won't get to go.

Enjoy! That's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
GL1.jpg

..So let me get this straight, the backing tracks are in A440 and your guitar is tuned to E flat. *Insert 40 minutes of scrambling for a CD player than can pitch shift a halfstep or yell at roadie to resetup the guitar* Roadie has made the same mistake for the second night in a row :wallbash:

GL2.jpg

Well its still off after setup, and the CD player will not pitch shift far enough - But FACK this guy has chops and flair even if he is mildly out of tune.

GL3.jpg

Ok, now GL is warming up and starting to overbend notes to get back in tune despite a flat guitar tuning.

GL4.jpg

Now its starting to sound good...

GL5.jpg

Ok you are a demigod George..

GL6.jpg

He is beating that Bengal like it owes him money.

GL7.jpg

Full on ownage, George is warmed up and fully compensating for the flat guitar.

The material I had never heard before. Its all instrumental and to be quite honest, its bad as hell. None of that downtuned moody shit he has been pawning off the last few years. This is real deal GL good stuff. If its an upcoming album Im buying that shit immediately.

To put a cherry on the evening which was stellar, I walk past the used rack on my way out and what do I spy? A rarish early Blue Vandenberg Sig with the old Kahler Spyder on it for 300 bucks?? Pack that shit up Ill take it to GO!:metal:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hahah cool, pics of the guitar required.

I think the bengal looks better with a maple fretboard.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
Right on.

Now eelblack, pics of that Vandenberg :)

The funny part is that it (the Vandenberg) is still out hidden in my car. If my wife sees that I bought yet another guitar not even 24 hours after getting a LACS she will go nuts on me. Ill sneak it in this weekend and try to grab a photo or 2 for you guys. I forgot how dead sexy slim Vandenberg necks are. The Ebony on it is to die for.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
George Lynch >*.

:wub:

New amp? I'd heard rumours that he was working both with Peavey on a head, and with Randall on a version of their modular heads.

')