George Lynch Hunter Signature Pickup

• Thread starter rexbinary
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rexbinary

The MOD King!
Reaction score
Saw this on Seymour Duncan's Twitter:

Dh_0hoaU0AAa353.jpg

Seymour Duncan said:
We set out on an expedition to bag the quintessential Lynch sound—huge, with full lows, ferocious top end, & alive with harmonics. Now the trophy under our strings is the all new Hunter.

Link:
http://customshop.seymourduncan.com/george-lynch-hunter/

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
guess he wasn't getting enough sales from his arcane pickup or the old screamin demon

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I heard that Alex Skolnick will be releasing his own Seymour Duncan pickup in the fall. That is what he told me when I met him

Given it's been in the ESP sig for several years, about time.

Ummm when was the last time George Lynch actually relevant?

Dude's actually busy AF nowadays, and his work with KXM was really killer. Dude can still apparently move gear is he's still getting new signature guitarsH, amps, pickups, etc etc.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
Given it's been in the ESP sig for several years, about time.

Dude's actually busy AF nowadays, and his work with KXM was really killer. Dude can still apparently move gear is he's still getting new signature guitarsH, amps, pickups, etc etc.

But how much real power does he have outside of his friendship to the ESP president? Dont get me wrong, I LOVE George Lynch as a guitarist, and after seeing him at the Dokken reunion show at Loud Park, the dude still has it (he only made one tiny mistake during mr. scary). However, I can see that he doesn't have the same clout that he used to, which is why I question them releasing a new pickup in his name. Hell, as much as ESP bends over backwards to get their artists smeared all over the guitar and metal mags over here in Japan, george lynch is an afterthought compared to people like Takasaki Akira, or that putz Oomura Takayoshi (or even as much as Randy Rhoads or John Petrucci for that matter).

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
But how much real power does he have outside of his friendship to the ESP president? Dont get me wrong, I LOVE George Lynch as a guitarist, and after seeing him at the Dokken reunion show at Loud Park, the dude still has it (he only made one tiny mistake during mr. scary). However, I can see that he doesn't have the same clout that he used to, which is why I question them releasing a new pickup in his name. Hell, as much as ESP bends over backwards to get their artists smeared all over the guitar and metal mags over here in Japan, george lynch is an afterthought compared to people like Takasaki Akira, or that putz Oomura Takayoshi (or even as much as Randy Rhoads or John Petrucci for that matter).

But Randy Rhoads and John Petrucci are god!

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
If I were interested in passives, this might be cool to have. Get a Screamin Demon in one guitar, and a Hunter in the other to compare the two.

NateFalcon

Reaction score
Warren DeMartini, Skolnick and more Lynch....how about a Ritchie Sambora humbucker...? Maybe a Dave “snake” Sabo ‘bucker is in order lol...we need, no...demand a Reb Beach signature humbucker...as much as I love all the shredders from the 80’s/90’s the signature gear needs to slow down -especially pickups

NateFalcon

Reaction score
The Screamin’ Demon is a good sounding pickup though...I’ve had a couple

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yeah, I've never really thought Reb's tone was all that much to write home about in order to warrant a signature pickup.

NateFalcon

Reaction score
I bought a Kitty Hawk Quattro preamp back in the day because I kept hearing about Reb Beach using them...it was the cheesiest piece of equipment I’ve ever bought. I remember questioning everything I thought about him after that haha

Zado

Reaction score
guess he wasn't getting enough sales from his arcane pickup or the old screamin demon
Arcane isn't a super well known company, and I've read here and there quite a few times that, while the pickups are indeed great, the guy made himself unreachable to many customers, and this must have da,aged his businness quite a lot (tho he works for guitar brands now, apparently).
The Demon is a splendid pickup, but it wont do what the name would suggest...
Isn't this the one based on a Duncan Distortion he used in the '80s?
Yep, it's essentially a full production Dokkenbucker

If I were interested in passives, this might be cool to have. Get a Screamin Demon in one guitar, and a Hunter in the other to compare the two.
They couldnt be more different, no need to compare them really.

That said, there isnt a thing about the pickup in the whole web as far as vids goes, except this one

Which sounds awful, and in which he playes awfully

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
Arcane isn't a super well known company, and I've read here and there quite a few times that, while the pickups are indeed great, the guy made himself unreachable to many customers, and this must have da,aged his businness quite a lot (tho he works for guitar brands now, apparently).
The Demon is a splendid pickup, but it wont do what the name would suggest...

Yep, it's essentially a full production Dokkenbucker

They couldnt be more different, no need to compare them really.

That said, there isnt a thing about the pickup in the whole web as far as vids goes, except this one

Which sounds awful, and in which he playes awfully

Guess the George Lynch I saw during the dokken reunion show was him on a good day...

rexbinary

The MOD King!
Reaction score
as much as I love all the shredders from the 80’s/90’s the signature gear needs to slow down -especially pickups

What's the downside to having more gear to choose from? If you're not interested, you can vote with your wallet by not buying. This stuff must be selling or they wouldn't keep producing it.