George Lynch in the Studio

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • Tags
    george lynch
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
All I want was one of the best songs on that album \m/

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you heard REvolution? He recorded a bunch of Dokken songs, and songs from the first 2 lynch mob discs, hired Rob Mason back and tuned down to B for the CD. sounds AWESOME.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Have you heard REvolution? He recorded a bunch of Dokken songs, and songs from the first 2 lynch mob discs, hired Rob Mason back and tuned down to B for the CD. sounds AWESOME.

Yeah, I liked it. I want more instrumental lynch though. I dug the 80's as much as the next guy but he needs to either pair up with a different style of singer to mix it up, or put out another Sacred Groove.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
every time I see these vids or listen to Wicked Sensation
I want a Slo 100

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I liked it. I want more instrumental lynch though. I dug the 80's as much as the next guy but he needs to either pair up with a different style of singer to mix it up, or put out another Sacred Groove.

Havent heard that one. Seems like everyone hates Sacred groove and smoke this. Granted, its probably cause it doesnt sound like Dokken.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
He looks like fabio in that video. :D

Lynch is fuggin awesome!

smueske

Reaction score
I've always loved George Lynch's playing. I've secretly wished that he'd stop playing with Mick Brown and do something heavier, but I agree that you can't miss a George Lynch solo. Some guys just own a sound. Gary Moore is another soloist I really dig.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'll be watching these as soon as I get home.

Sacred Groove could have ended after the intro and "Love from the Mama Head" or whatever that brutally awesome second track is called (factoid - recorded with a Dual Recto prototype that Lynch REALLY didn't want to give back), and I wouldn't miss the rest of it. That tracks is awesome.

A whole album full of that shit and I'd, like, die. I probably wouldn;t even bother to finish my own album because really, what'd be the point?

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'll be watching these as soon as I get home.

Sacred Groove could have ended after the intro and "Love from the Mama Head" or whatever that brutally awesome second track is called (factoid - recorded with a Dual Recto prototype that Lynch REALLY didn't want to give back), and I wouldn't miss the rest of it. That tracks is awesome.

A whole album full of that shit and I'd, like, die. I probably wouldn;t even bother to finish my own album because really, what'd be the point?

There's a lot of "guest star" vocals on the album unfortunately. Some are decent, some aren't. :(

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The instrumentals on Sacred Groove are fucking SICK dude.

:agreed: Lynch really needs to do a full instrumental album. 'I Will Remember' is one of the most beautiful guitar instrumentals ever recorded. He never seems to have found a vocalist he's really clicked with. Having said that, the Lynch/Pilson album had its moments...

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Loved the videos. HUGE Lynch fan, here.

[action=Ken]kept wondering how the man at the console was able to concentrate on the board during all that pwnage, then read that it was Max Norman. He was in the studio with Randy Rhoads, so his will is strong...[/action]

')