George Lynch Mr.Scary Live

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
great song! but his performance here is a little off, he's definitely pulled this off better before.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
great song! but his performance here is a little off, he's definitely pulled this off better before.

True - but this is one of the few where his tone is awesome!

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score

I you watch the video, you'll see his guitar strap falling apart.
(well you don't see it happening on the moment, but right after).

I still prefer the studio version :

Lynch > *

HUGE influence for me as a teen.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that last one was freakin' sweet... I still pull out my Dokken albums pretty regularly. Beast From The East ruled!

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score

I think this live version is better than both imo.

'90/ '91 was George in his prime IMO. he just had so much fire and intensity in his playing around that time. coming off of Dokken, maybe he felt he had something to prove...

RiffRaff

Reaction score
'90/ '91 was George in his prime IMO. he just had so much fire and intensity in his playing around that time. coming off of Dokken, maybe he felt he had something to prove...

Exactly, I think the Wicked Sensation album has always been his best work imo.
As you said there's just so much fire and intensity throughout that album, and his phrasing around that era was just phenomenal.

His "Sacred Groove" album has some great stuff on it as well (the instrumentals mainly).

He really needs to recapture some of that fire and put out another ripper solo album. It's been too long imo

RiffRaff

Reaction score
Dude, please tell me how you can hear something (better) in that vid, because i can't. :)

Admittedly the quality is shit and distorted as all hell but I'm hooked up to awesome speakers so at least I'm hearing something! :lol:

Regarding the recapturing of the flame. I guess so but writing killer riffs isn't proportional to one's age :lol:
I guess I'm just sick of seeing those youtube videos of him doing guitar clinics... it's not leaving me with much hope :ugh:

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Regarding the recapturing of the flame. I guess so but writing killer riffs isn't proportional to one's age :lol:
I guess I'm just sick of seeing those youtube videos of him doing guitar clinics... it's not leaving me with much hope :ugh:

I know. I also hope for that GREAT ressurection... but you know.
Again, imo, if you look at great guitar players in general, when they get older, they lose some chops or the "flame" (wich is, imo, essential to the "killer riff" writing).

When you have kids and a mortgage to pay, priorities are different.
Also, their reputation is made, not much more to prove for them. Some of them even starts repeating themselves...

Right off the bat, i'm vaguely thinking about Malmsteen, Van Halen, Hammet, Zakk Wylde...
To me, Lynch is way on top of these guys. Malmsteen is still great, but he's been repeating himself for more than 15 years now.

:2c:

Lucky Seven

Lucky☆Seven
Reaction score
I know. I also hope for that GREAT ressurection... but you know.
Again, imo, if you look at great guitar players in general, when they get older, they lose some chops or the "flame" (wich is, imo, essential to the "killer riff" writing).

When you have kids and a mortgage to pay, priorities are different.
Also, their reputation is made, not much more to prove for them. Some of them even starts repeating themselves...

Right off the bat, i'm vaguely thinking about Malmsteen, Van Halen, Hammet, Zakk Wylde...
To me, Lynch is way on top of these guys. Malmsteen is still great, but he's been repeating himself for more than 15 years now.

:2c:

Yeah forgot the absolute king of them! Michael Schenker :(.

')