George Martin - A Song Of Ice And Fire

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
...And it's awesome. Once i start reading it, it's hard to put it back down. I started yesterday and im almost halfway through. :yesway:

And now im almost done. Can't wait to start Clash Of The Kings! :)

Im gonna go see my gf next week, and it means a 3,5-hour train trip for me. It USED to be boring, but now... :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
283919_1855698157805_1401384052_31592737_3437012_n.jpg

:metal:

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
I really want to buy the books to find out what happens but I only read on the can these days and I have a feeling I would get so into the books that I'd end up with deep vein thrombosis.

chronocide

Total Grind Hell
Reaction score
So it's taken 403 pages into A Storm Of Swords. But Daenerys has gotten interesting at last. I wont be willing her chapters to end anymore. Huzzah!

I've been thoroughly enjoying the books as whole, though. It's a bit like a story as compelling as Lord Of The Rings, but without a rotten author*.

*To clarify, I absolute love the story of The Lord Of The Rings, and the world it's set in, and the associated histories. All of it. I just think Tolkien didn't write literature at all well, he's often extremely like reading dry academia to me.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
Finished with the first one. Gonna start with A Clash of Kings later today probably. Can't wait! :)

@chronocide: Remember that LOTR was originally released a loooong time ago (54-55) and i believe that plays a big part in what you just said about Tolkien as a writer. And i agree with you.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
I finished aDwD a few days ago. The Dany chapters were excruciating at times, but Victarion Greyjoy is now the biggest badass ever, except for Wyman Manderly that is.

Frey Pies

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
So i started "A Clash Of Kings" few days ago, and im already almost halfway through. It's been awesome so far! Im very glad that i have 3 books left after this one! :D

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Started Dance of Dragons last night. Yea, Tyrion and Bran are back!! I'm not sure why I like the cripple and the dwarf's characters the best, but I do. :shrug:

Daiephir

likes peanut butter
Reaction score
Personal favorites are Jon Snow (and to an extent I do like Lord Snow also) and Daenerys, Tyrion, I loved the Bronn caracter :lol:

Devotion

Brojangles
Reaction score
Soooo, I bougth aDwD yesterday, without having read the other ones first, but it was the only one in English in hard cover that they had :( (and yes, I'm 16 and speak Dutch, but like to read English more, translations just screw things up).

I'm at page 50, and damn, Tyrion is one cool dude, love it how much character he has.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
^ You should definetly read the other ones first!

And i agree about translations. I prefer to read a book in the language it was originally written, if i can understand it of course :D ..But most books are just in english, so :)

Latest posts

')