getting a custom shop guitar...(Legator Group Buy)

• Thread starter WintermintP
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
You live in London, why did you not just ask Titan to build you what you want?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
I'm buying a 9er myself, because this is my custom guitar they're selling.

You specced a guitar, it's not your anything. The instrument you receive will be yours. The rest are not yours in anyway shape or form.

Why not just get an endorsement deal with them?

Because 113 Facebook likes doesn't put you in pole position for endorsements?

Infini

Reaction score
payment made mid-2021 and then the guitar building process from there will probably take 3 or so years
-3½ years in the tube, no finish or wood choices, ash/maple only, no pickup choices, all this from a far east customshop with no previous acclaim

I had my skervesen made in a run of 40+ guitars, wherein we could pick strings, scale, finish, woods and pickups. They did this in 1 year for a similar price. I hate to join the chorus of dismissal, but man, the plan you're presenting doesn't really seem competitive to me. It's a real long time to wait for something that, if you're not getting the 9 string, is nearly identical to an ordinary low-end legator, for more than twice the price.

Another thing- a 9 string multi is a complicated instrument, if it were me ordering, I'd go with someone with a proven track record in custom ERG's.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
Why is it taking 3+ years for a factory to churn out 10-15 guitars? That's a similar wait time to full on custom shops!

Please go through with this. It's been a while since the last ss.org build thread debacle.

It doesn’t make sense to me personally (and like most here). If the wait time is 3 years, save up more and get a Waghorn or Deamoness.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
They may have gotten enough PM’s from poor people who read the threads but don’t engage? Man, RIP everybody’s wallets. Absolute best case, they get an average quality import with no structural issues. After nearly 3 years of waiting.

MrWulf

Reaction score
You know, I decided to look up the OP's band and one of the posts was "We have been at this for 5 years and yet we still have yet to break 200 subscribers. This might be our last year as a band ever."

If I were you I'd focus on your band rather than on your gear.

btbg

Reaction score
You know, I decided to look up the OP's band and one of the posts was "We have been at this for 5 years and yet we still have yet to break 200 subscribers. This might be our last year as a band ever."

If I were you I'd focus on your band rather than on your gear.

Between the band with 114 likes using stage names, that post and the countless other cringeworthy "woe is me" posts, it's no wonder people aren't following their page, and I'd be very hesitant to get in on any group run they were organizing.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Between the band with 114 likes using stage names, that post and the countless other cringeworthy "woe is me" posts, it's no wonder people aren't following their page, and I'd be very hesitant to get in on any group run they were organizing.
you forgot to mention the cringy af "middle schooler who just learned how to draw anime" artwork they use. Plus the music is like djent for weebs (but not even in a good way like Sithu Aye).

btbg

Reaction score
you forgot to mention the cringy af "middle schooler who just learned how to draw anime" artwork they use. Plus the music is like djent for weebs (but not even in a good way like Sithu Aye).

I don't know what good anime is so I can't comment :lol: