Getting a meshuggah tone

• Thread starter CAPTAIN SARG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FortePenance

Reaction score
They've always used .052.

I remember reading a GW interview when they used to do a artist column (when GW was still decent) and they had a article about their rigs, guitars, tone etc.

Scan this article and I will love you long time. :wub:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
really? fucking hell, in Bb?? I like light string but thats ridiculous!

Again, it's really not that thin for a 30" scale! A .052 for B on a 25.5" scale is pretty normal. I actually prefer a 9-52 set for standard tuning on 25.5". At Bb on a 30" scale, it's probably fairly tight. I have a .060 on a 30" scale tuned to low Eb, and it's not that bad.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Scan this article and I will love you long time. :wub:

Man if I could find it.

They used to do columns...back when they were in black and white.

I don't know if you could get it from Guitar World.com, but they always had a ton of cool info about their playing style and what not.

One day they did a layout of Fredrik's rig when he still he used Marshall....and jesus christ...I see why he uses POD's now...lol

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
Tc Electronics Integrated preamp into a pod xt will get you there.

Vetta 2 they dont use the TC as it sounds "great".

Tc pedal into a dual rec for Chaosphere.
Tc pedal into a marshall 8100 head for earlier lvie stuff.

DEI and NONE and SOL NIGER were recorded with a .50 caliber mesa.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
What is it exactly that the TCE preamp box does anyway? It looks like a run of the mill booster with bass and treble knobs, but it doesn't sound like it.

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
What is it exactly that the TCE preamp box does anyway? It looks like a run of the mill booster with bass and treble knobs, but it doesn't sound like it.

it si a run of the mill box, but something in it instantly tightens up the tone.

its awesome, but it doesnt work with everything, makes my engl fart like an elephant on curry.

SplinteredSoul

7 String FTW
Reaction score
Are you going by their live or recorded sound? Because you're unlikely to match it on buying all their equipment alone. There's the engineer in the studio to consider, and the way they play. If the other guitarist in my band picks up my Guitar through my rig and plays, it sounds different, purely because I hold the pick so small, I'm practically pinch harmonic'ing everything I play.

')