Getting a professional rig

Urushdaur

Reaction score
hey guys i'm going to get a professional rig (guitar amp ) you know but not an expensive one so the price it's betwen 300 - 600 dolars for the cabinet and the head (each one).
i''m going to record the first ep for my band so i want to get a dark and deep sound and brootal like a good tube rig :D. sounding like morbid angel, hate eternal, belphegor, decapitated.
so mates can you give me some advice please because i was thinking about the peavey valveking cabinet and some randall head but i'm not really sure and i want to hear your opinion and experiences.

please fell fre to coment :D

cheers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lelahel

Reaction score
it depends on the tone of your guitar, because morbid angel, hate eternal, decapitated and belphegor have different guitar tones and uses different gear

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
decapitated? I'm pretty sure their guitar player uses or used to use the Ampeg VH 140c which is actually solid state

vontis

Abnormal Inhumane
Reaction score
is so difficult to find the Ampeg VH 140c ....
I try to find this head in Europe, but not seeing results ..
Try to find the Crate gx130c .. is very close to the sound of the bands that you want

Urushdaur

Reaction score
i got jackson kevin bond and dean angel of death and i tune in C# standard and i like these kind of sound

vontis

Abnormal Inhumane
Reaction score
i dont know other crate :/
but in the studio play with this Randall RH 150 G3 Valve Dynamic and the sound is brutal! :shred:

AnthonyPuddu

Reaction score
For 600 each I'm sure you could find a Peavey 5150 or a Carvin V3 and a mesa recto 4x12 if you looked hard enough. Those would be the best outcome of that budget easily

bradthelegend

ESP Fanboy
Reaction score
hey guys i'm going to get a professional rig (guitar amp ) you know but not an expensive one so the price it's betwen 300 - 600 dolars for the cabinet and the head (each one).
i''m going to record the first ep for my band so i want to get a dark and deep sound and brootal like a good tube rig :D. sounding like morbid angel, hate eternal, belphegor, decapitated.
so mates can you give me some advice please because i was thinking about the peavey valveking cabinet and some randall head but i'm not really sure and i want to hear your opinion and experiences.

please fell fre to coment :D

cheers

Personally would not mess with Peavey cabs.

6505/5150: $500. Mesa 4x12: $500.

These are used prices, of course. The combination is reliable, popular, and sounds fantastic.

vontis

Abnormal Inhumane
Reaction score
look for some preamps!
its 99% the same with some heads.
the guitarist of Mass Infection he told me for the ADA mp2.
on stage he has perfect sound!

Urushdaur

Reaction score

These are used prices, of course. The combination is reliable, popular, and sounds fantastic.
thanks man and could you send me some links please :)

KingOfTheRotten

Reaction score

Man if I could get a Mesa cab for that price I would be in heaven! Where I live they easily cost 1000$.

With the 90ies death metal and such a low budget (at least that is very low here where I live. Randall makes some pretty good solid state amps. I will always be more of a tube man myself though.

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
looks like you are in the uk so i'd suggest a marshall 1960 cab as they are pretty common here so a used one is pretty cheap if you are putting together a recording rig the 1936 2x12 may be better.

Urushdaur

Reaction score
no i'm living in south america and i think i'm going to get a randall RX120 RHE or a crate FW 120 H or something of that range. i'm really shure its going to be a randall head and know i need some help to decide wich cabinet is the best for a randall head. could be a blackstar, marshall, laney, peavey or randall cabinet?

KingOfTheRotten

Reaction score
no i'm living in south america and i think i'm going to get a randall RX120 RHE or a crate FW 120 H or something of that range. i'm really shure its going to be a randall head and know i need some help to decide wich cabinet is the best for a randall head. could be a blackstar, marshall, laney, peavey or randall cabinet?
That depends on your budget and what kind of speakers you want. Marshall cabs are normally pretty decent, but there are some Blackstar and randall cabs that are really great and cheaper too! I wouldn't buy a Peavey cab myself, I never really dug the sound of those.

If you can get something with V30s in your price range I would go for that