Getting a used x3 live?

• Thread starter nomechordas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a used x3 live in my area for around 200€ (you can't really get it much cheaper than that in Spain). I would use it for guitar (I only have a 30w solid state, a MT-2 and a big mudd pi for guitar...) and for my bass so I can mix clean + distorted sound better than with my behringer bass v-amp (which is quite good, but I want more options for my sound).

What do you think, is it worth it, or should I save for a HD500(x)?
I would probably sell my MT-2 and my Big Muff and hopefully would get more than 100€ for them.

This way I could buy an active speaker or passive + power amp and I would finally be able to use my guitar live without expending much on an amp.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlejoV

Reaction score
I actually prefer the POD X3 rather than the HD. HD is a bit better than the POD X3 for cleans, but distorted tones kick ass on the X3.

Reaction score
I actually prefer the POD X3 rather than the HD. HD is a bit better than the POD X3 for cleans, but distorted tones kick ass on the X3.
You must be the first one that tells me that he prefers the x3 xD

I actually think it must have some strength the hd hasn't since I saw Uneven Structure playing straight with x3 pros and it sounded perfect.

Also I think Monuments use XTs sometimes( basically the same than x3 but without double chain, right?) and Vildhjarta too.

And also I can get the x3 about 120€ cheaper :D

Neko

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a used x3 live in my area for around 200€ (you can't really get it much cheaper than that in Spain). I would use it for guitar (I only have a 30w solid state, a MT-2 and a big mudd pi for guitar...) and for my bass so I can mix clean + distorted sound better than with my behringer bass v-amp (which is quite good, but I want more options for my sound).

What do you think, is it worth it, or should I save for a HD500(x)?
I would probably sell my MT-2 and my Big Muff and hopefully would get more than 100€ for them.

This way I could buy an active speaker or passive + power amp and I would finally be able to use my guitar live without expending much on an amp.
Hey dude, I've used my Line6 X3 Live for about a year, may be a bit more, and by that time I had some issues with buttons. They are pretty vulnerable. Sometimes don't switch present.
So pay attention to that if you get used device.

Reaction score
Hey dude, I've used my Line6 X3 Live for about a year, may be a bit more, and by that time I had some issues with buttons. They are pretty vulnerable. Sometimes don't switch present.
Thanks I have already tested it, but I'll pay more attention to that.

Sebazz1998

Reaction score
I use the XT live and have played many shows with then and if you have the expansion packs you'll get great sounds out of it and it's super reliable in a live rig. But in a recording it sounds pretty bad compared to stuff like lepou and impulses and stuff

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score

I had the same issue with mine. I only used it for recording and bedroom practicing though, so I just plugged it into the laptop with a USB cable and used GearBox to switch presets.

Reaction score
Ok, thank you for your advice, I'll check that more carefully, but I already tested the x3 and it seemed to be OK.

Latest posts

')