16 audio tracks
32 Bit floating point audio engine
44.1 to 192 kHz sample rate
3-band parametric EQ &
2 VST insert slots per channel
3 VST master effect slots
ASIO low latency audio driver support
4 KRISTAL Plug-In slots

Really, if you want to learn how to record, there's no substitute for actually going out and doing it and getting hands on experience. The problem is, most good multitrack software out there is kind of pricey. Very pricey, in fact, and prohibitive to the average beginner who wants to get his feet wet, but certainly isn't ready to fork over $500 on a whim just to see what digital audio recording is like.

I can't remember where I first saw this program, but it was a home recording forum somewhere. I haven't personally given it a run myself, but the specs are good on paper and what feedback I've heard from users has been positive. And, best of all, it's free.

So, if digital recording is something you've been curious about, but never tried, grab your guitar and SM-57, then download this application and start browsing the forums here for tips on how to tweak your mixes. :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would also recommend Reaper, although you really *should* cough up the $30 if you're going to really use it. I've heard of Kristal being used with good success. :yesway:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I had actually uploaded KRISTAL on my laptop but then my friend Zach gave me his old computer with Cool Edit Pro on it.

leatherface2

Reaction score
recording on a laptop better than a regular desk computer.im behind the times.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
What's a good, inexpensive (or cheap) recording interface other than a mic? I don't have any rack gear yet that I can plug into the PC. Thinking of getting a UX2 toneport from Line 6, but I've heard they're crap.

Faine

Playing guitar.
Reaction score
Once I download this on to my computer, What do I do now? I need a microphone for my guitar?

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
I always have great luck with Acid Pro 5....and i didnt fork the cash for it either....

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
How do I record onto a computer from a pod xt live? What do I need? I'm a n00b of doom and I need help!

nine squares

Reaction score
How do I record onto a computer from a pod xt live? What do I need? I'm a n00b of doom and I need help!

Do you own a soundcard with a line input? Do you have any kind of recording software in your computer, for example; Qubase, Nuendo, Pro Tools, Logic, or Cool Edit?

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you own a soundcard with a line input? Do you have any kind of recording software in your computer, for example; Qubase, Nuendo, Pro Tools, Logic, or Cool Edit?

Nope but I'm getting some freeware one.

Is a line input the plug with the picture of the mic on it? If so then yes.

ShawnF mentioned something about being able to use a PODxt live as a sound card.

nine squares

Reaction score

ShawnF mentioned something about being able to use a PODxt live as a sound card.

Ok really? That would be new to me, but try to follow up that tip with him.
Yes, thats the one. Now you could plug your guitar to that input from your PODxt live´s output. You just use a regular tele cable. So far so good but now comes the little tricky part, you are going to experience the greatest recordingbandit - "latency". This will effect your playing but can be set to a pleasant amount depending on your soundcard. Do you know what I´m talking about? If not I will explain it to you man.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score

That's actually the mic input. You might have a seperate line in as well - if so, it might be prefferable, as the mic in will be hotter, but the line in will allow you to monitor through your sound card, and not the software you're recording through.

Either will work, though.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
The line-in is blue usually, mic is pink, and speakers are green.

I plug my podxt into my comp with a guitar cable. You need a big-to-small jack on one end though, whack the big end in ur Pods left or right line-out, and then the small end into ur computer's line-in.

TREYAZAGHTOTH

'bone' carpenter
Reaction score
Any one heard of the M-Audio USB Midisport Uno.. can i connect my korg pandora to this and access my sound card via usb.. in the hope of reducing latencies..
BTW i downloaded a programme called ASIO4ALL.. it did reduce my latencies significantly.. but my guitar still sounds 'abrasive'.. like a fork on a ceramic plate.. :wallbash:
Edit: anyone try out sansamp xdi.. i think we can connect our guitar to the computer

Latest posts

')