Ghost announces new album, "Impera"

• Thread starter Rotatous
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rotatous

Reaction score
For those who haven't heard yet:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/g...single-call-me-little-sunshine-now-available/

Ghost_Impera_12x12.jpg

Along with the new album announcement they've released a new single, "Call Me Little Sunshine":

Personally I did not enjoy their last album but I already like the new album artwork and two singles better so far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Accoun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sadly, while Kiss the Go-Goat was probably the first track from them that I genuinely liked, this does nothing for me. The first single was a bit better, but still not for me. Guess I'm back to appreciating the idea for the band more than their actual music. Shame, because after the aforementioned track, I hoped that the next full release will be more to my liking.

zappatton2

Reaction score
I still love Ghost, I'll be picking this up for sure! Just really tight on money, so I'm hoping the physical albums don't dry up, though Ghost seems pretty good at throwing represses out every week it seems. Excited for this one!

Dekay82

I WANT the fret nibs
Reaction score
Im going to play unpopular curmudgeon. After Square Hammer, they lost their vibe and from Rats onwards, they sound kind of schlocky, hair metaly. Like it started after he fired everyone.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Im going to play unpopular curmudgeon. After Square Hammer, they lost their vibe and from Rats onwards, they sound kind of schlocky, hair metaly. Like it started after he fired everyone.

Yeah and now they're good instead of caricatures that appeal to edgy 14-year olds

I did not like OG Ghost in case you couldn't tell lmao

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I’m pre-heating the hype oven. I always enjoy whatever they put out as it’s just a guaranteed good time. And the “story” of the character is fun to follow. Time to practice my high-kicks from rats.

Siggevaio

Reaction score
I rarely lose my shit over new music from Ghost but I'm never disappointed either! So I'm glad there's a new album coming.

A while back I heard that the new album would be a bit heavier than previous releases but it doesn't sound that way yet. Probably just a rumour that turns out to be false.

KailM

Reaction score
I don’t understand this band.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don’t understand this band.

It's supposed to be 60s/70s-ish music, but invokes all the modern metal tropes of satan and sacrifices and all that. So they get lumped in with modern metal for the aesthetic and the subject matter but they're not remotely a metal band. They're a light alt-psychadelic-prog-pop band.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
Not a big fan of the band, but they have some good stuff here and there. This single is a cool song.

Chris Bowsman

Nu-Metal Apologist
Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely love Ghost, been super into them from the get-go. Anyone who's into them for the edginess missed the pretty obvious joke. They've probably never been to a show, either, and seen Papa pass out percussion instruments for the audience to join in on acoustic songs.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I've always thought this band were super cringe. I gather they're a pastiche, an unfunny joke, yet at the same time their delivery is so po-faced and appears so genuine.

Latest posts

')