Ghost Megathread

• Thread starter FireInside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Cirice-Art.jpg

Listen To Ghost "Cirice" - Children of Ghost

Loving the song, but Christ those drums are loud.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Not very fond of the intro as it drags a bit, but the song is good and the guitars have the right heavyness this time

Negav

Reaction score
Wow, this is surprisingly good! Gonna look forward for the album.

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the fat, souped-up vintage tone they've got.

Great melodies and arrangement as always. This is what happens when you get great musicians who are committed to doing what's right for the song. They have a vision and an atmosphere, and all their parts are written to support that goal.

I can't wait for this record to drop. I'm sure there will be a lot of great songs worth getting stuck in your head.

ferret

Reaction score
Love it! Can't wait for the rest. Saw them a couple years ago and it was great.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Damn, the guitars sound awesome!

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
This makes me moist. Super excited to hear more, and it's definitely going to be a purchase from me. They seem to be evolving in a good direction. It's different, but not radically so. They still definitely sound like Ghost, which is a good thing indeed.

Nyx Erebos

Reaction score
Really cool song, I like their sound. It's been a while that I didn't listen to some Ghost, gonna fix that right now.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Oh, also in case you guys missed it... There was another small teaser at the end of this video.

Definitely sounds like a heavier progression of the first album.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
Honestly, I've never been much of a fan of these guys. I liked "Elizabeth" and that was about it. But this new one jams like a mofo. It really has the catchiness that my friends who are into them always talk about. I'm definitely interested to hear what else they have coming up on this album.

twizza

Social Assassin
Reaction score
The ridiculous hype this band garners is hardly commensurate to what they offer. I guess one man's gimmick of contrivance is anothers genius marketing.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The ridiculous hype this band garners is hardly commensurate to what they offer. I guess one man's gimmick of contrivance is anothers genius marketing.

Or maybe it's refreshing to hear catchy, straightfoward hard rock like this for once. Maybe their music is actually good, but not your taste. :shrug:

twizza

Social Assassin
Reaction score
Or maybe it's refreshing to hear catchy, straightfoward hard rock like this for once. Maybe their music is actually good, but not your taste. :shrug:

de gustibus non est disputandum, eh?

I like plenty of straightforward hard rock and my tastes are all over the map. And I certainly don't think they suck. NOR AM I HATING ON ANYONE FOR LIKING IT. (I like Nightwish for fracks sake) My annoyance stems from the amount of hype and pub they get, the contrived nature of it, and the lemmingdom that follows. (I can't be the only one who's noticed this?) I mean there's certainly not a dearth of catchy straightforward hard rock out there to choose from...

DXL

Reaction score
de gustibus non est disputandum, eh?

I like plenty of straightforward hard rock and my tastes are all over the map. And I certainly don't think they suck. NOR AM I HATING ON ANYONE FOR LIKING IT. (I like Nightwish for fracks sake) My annoyance stems from the amount of hype and pub they get, the contrived nature of it, and the lemmingdom that follows. (I can't be the only one who's noticed this?) I mean there's certainly not a dearth of catchy straightforward hard rock out there to choose from...

I guess it's just the mix of everything.
-Straightforward rock
-Catchy and addicting as hell
-Powerful atmosphere
-Cheesy satanic lyrics outside of black metal
-Church organs :lol:

That being said Ghost has become one of my favorite "modern" bands as they're just so refreshing. They're not trying anything new, but instead just taking a bunch of old ideas and splashing them around. I was actually really glad when I saw how popular they were starting to get.

twizza

Social Assassin
Reaction score
I guess it's just the mix of everything.
-Straightforward rock
-Powerful atmosphere
-Cheesy satanic lyrics outside of black metal
-Church organs :lol:

Yeah you know I'll probably end up with these guys in heavy rotation (whether bits or vinyl) in a few months time.

Did someone say cheesy satanic lyrics outside of black metal?

')