Ghost Megathread

• Thread starter FireInside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Papa wears a really spiffy mask that's form fitting, like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXmxk8ykUdM

It lets you emote/talk/whatever, but look entirely different. Super cool, imo. As I understand it, papa has been the same guy throughout. He's also apparently, if commenters on youtube can be trusted, the ghoul that does a lot of the interviews.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
So he just ditched the mask? Who was the guy they interviewed for the last album then.. did they bring in an old guy just for interviews? I remember once he played a show where he was wearing a weird face-mask-thing, but then I saw other ones where I could swear it was just his face.

Awesome vid and great tune tho. Gets jammed in my head but good

The renaming is just something they do for theatrics each album. Tobias Forge is Papa Emeritus I, II, III. The old guy you saw in videos and interviews is him in an old guy mask.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Papa wears a really spiffy mask that's form fitting, like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXmxk8ykUdM

It lets you emote/talk/whatever, but look entirely different. Super cool, imo. As I understand it, papa has been the same guy throughout. He's also apparently, if commenters on youtube can be trusted, the ghoul that does a lot of the interviews.

Yup, I think he may have also done the videos where showed some of their riffs.

stevexc

Reaction score

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
The theatrics is what drew me to ghost to begin with. The delightful tunage kept me around. I like when bands do more than just show up and play their tunes. It's a whole new thing when they put on a great show as well, and it's even more fun when there's a bit of lore/back story for things. Theatrical stuff like Mushroomhead, Slipknot and Gwar, are fun to watch. Things like Ghost and Gorillaz are fun to dig into a little bit more than just the music. (not that I was ever a huge Gorillaz fan, but it was a great idea.)

TheRileyOBrien

Reaction score
I love everything about these guys. The videos "Live at Music Feeds Studio" are pretty funny if you haven't seen them. They show the "without makeup" papa mask and personality.

Edit*

Here is one of them:

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
The theatrics is what drew me to ghost to begin with. The delightful tunage kept me around. I like when bands do more than just show up and play their tunes. It's a whole new thing when they put on a great show as well, and it's even more fun when there's a bit of lore/back story for things. Theatrical stuff like Mushroomhead, Slipknot and Gwar, are fun to watch. Things like Ghost and Gorillaz are fun to dig into a little bit more than just the music. (not that I was ever a huge Gorillaz fan, but it was a great idea.)

This. And I admit, they got me good. I thought Tobias was the first two Papa Emeritus, but that they actually got a new singer this time around. I'm obviously more gullible than I should be. :lol:

At any rate, I really like this song and I'm actually pretty hyped for the new album now. I love the ending of the music video as well; reminds me a lot of Carrie.

brector

Reaction score
I noticed the bass player wasn't using a pick like he normally does.

And I miss the RD's as well

-Brian

stevexc

Reaction score
I noticed the bass player wasn't using a pick like he normally does.

And I miss the RD's as well

-Brian

I'm about 99% sure the entire band in the video was kids in costume. Papa was for sure.

MetalheadMC

Reaction score
Definitely like this song. Like mentioned before, I saw them before I heard them a year or two ago, and thought they would be super heavy. Along the lines of behemoth or something, but I was completely shocked when I first heard them. Waiting for this album

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I'm honestly a bit scared at how smitten I am by this new song. I literally cannot stop playing it. I've also gone ahead and given their other albums some more needed play time.

DXL

Reaction score
Sounds like Ghost are embracing their inner Dio :metal:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
The Rhythm Ghoul appears to be playing a vintage sunburst RD Artist.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Just for fun, I did a quick cover of Con Clavi Con Dio. Because wtf not? :lol: :cool:

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/shadowraithmetal/ghost-conclavicondio-cover[/SC]

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
They sure do get their stuff right when they play it live. They seem a bit more mobile than they used to be, too. Perhaps the lack of cassocks is to blame? The more I hear, the more excited I get.

')