Ghost Megathread

• Thread starter FireInside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
That Year Zero song was pretty cool, I like the influence from italian 80s horror movie soundtracks in the chorus. Sounds like something from The Beyond.

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
Definitely like this song. Like mentioned before, I saw them before I heard them a year or two ago, and thought they would be super heavy. Along the lines of behemoth or something, but I was completely shocked when I first heard them. Waiting for this album

When I first say them I thought it was something along the lines of Skeletonwhitch. Then I listened to the music and I was so shocked.

MatthewK

Reaction score
I found the new video hilarious. Extremely well done and catchy ass song too. I love this band.

fogcutter

Reaction score
I think everyone has a moral obligation to pay full price for the full-length Meliora album when it is released. Everyone knows nowadays that metal (and related hard music genres) top the mainstream sales charts, because people like us actually buy music, and it always freaks out the "square community*."

The mainstream news reports about Ghost topping the album sales charts would be just ... beyond delicious to see. Plus, that song is rad!

* Lebowksi, Jeffrey.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Another new track and it is awesome.

DXL

Reaction score
The stuff on the new album is awesome but it almost seems like they're dropping that psychedelia they had on their first two albums and now are leaning towards a darker, more King Diamond-esque sound

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
So...who do you think the members are?
I found that some guitar work and ideas could come from Esa Holopainen from Amorphis (who is Finnish though)

TheRileyOBrien

Reaction score
I found that some guitar work and ideas could come from Esa Holopainen from Amorphis (who is Finnish though)

No he is not a member.

A little googling will give you those answers.

They often switch outfits for interviews to cause confusion.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score

Have you ever listened to Subvision or Magna Carta Cartel? It's likely a mix of the musicians in those bands. Martin Persner played in both bands with Tobias Forge. Tobias Forge also plays guitar as he did in Repugnant as well and likely writes a lot of the music.

DXL

Reaction score

Tobias Forge is definitely Papa Emeritus. He has credits as a writer for the band, Nergal posted the picture of the two of them saying "If you have ghosts you have everything" (as a reference to the cover Ghost did), and Papa and Tobias sound exactly the same.

Go to 2:50

Don Vito

Reaction score
Really digging the new songs so far. I liked the softer direction they went with on their previous album, but these new riffs are more 666.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Tobias was a given, but the others I'm still puzzled.
Must listen to Subvision and Magna Carta Cartel

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Love the guitar sound on these songs.

BlackMesa

the G-Man's Bitch
Reaction score
Majesty is ....ing awesome. That middle part that's dark and heavy and sounds alot like Alice in Chains got me big time. Not a fan of this group till hearing the songs off this new album. Will be getting it for sure.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Behold in all its glory, the full album stream.

zappatton2

Reaction score
Behold in all its glory, the full album stream.

Awesome, thanks! I'm still gonna hold off listening to it, I preordered the album and I want that to be my first listen. But this is pretty damn tempting. Oh well, there's gonna be a whole lot of waiting by the mailbox in my future.

')