Ghost Megathread

• Thread starter FireInside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevexc

Reaction score
This meeting can't end soon enough... the first 4 minutes I had time to listen to are solid!

EDIT: WELP that's in my Top 5 of 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Need to listen again, the 4 songs they released seemed to be the best ones.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
35 Minutes in and I'm really digging it as a whole. Certainly a departure from their past two albums, but it's all great stuff in my opinion. Can't wait to get the disc so I can rock out to it on the way to work.

edit: Final track is fantastic. Great album closer.

TerminalFunction

Reaction score
Listening to Meliora for the second time now. It's so insanely good! I can't believe believe how much prog rock/metal I hear on this album. I'm hearing Dream Theater, mixed with ABBA, Scorpions etc etc. A very anticipated release for me, and I'm quite satisfied so far! Wow!

stevexc

Reaction score
Need to listen again, the 4 songs they released seemed to be the best ones.

I was thinking that at first, but then I realized I've had the past month or so to let those four tracks really sink in. He Is, Mummy Dust, and Deus In Absentia are really solid tracks too.

Stealth7

Reaction score
Just finished my first listen and it's great, loving the chorus in Absolution!

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that at first, but then I realized I've had the past month or so to let those four tracks really sink in. He Is, Mummy Dust, and Deus In Absentia are really solid tracks too.

After a few listens, it is fitting together nicely.:yesway:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Papa rocks out on the Kazoo.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score

These dudes are trolling everyone, it's all a big joke to them!:lol: "I just might have overestimated my kazoo skills... I know how to do a lot of things, but not play the kazoo." - Papa Emeritus III

Antiproduct

Reaction score
Listening to the vinyl right now and I love most songs of it, mummy dust is a bit off in my opinion.

But the vinyl itself is really nice! Nice cover artwork, nice sleeve artwork and it comes with a with a little book that shows some evil painting for every song.

zappatton2

Reaction score
Listening to the vinyl right now and I love most songs of it, mummy dust is a bit off in my opinion.

But the vinyl itself is really nice! Nice cover artwork, nice sleeve artwork and it comes with a with a little book that shows some evil painting for every song.

That's the one I'm waiting on. Came with a t-shirt too, correct?

Antiproduct

Reaction score
Na, Amazon Germany had it without a shirt but I guess the Vinyl is the same

zappatton2

Reaction score
Na, Amazon Germany had it without a shirt but I guess the Vinyl is the same

I hope my version comes with the booklet. When Infestissumam was coming out, my friend ordered his copy of the vinyl release direct from the band site, and it came with an awesome art booklet. I ordered mine from Amazon and got none of that (not to mention a pretty warped record from being packed too tight, still plays fine though) :(

Man I can not wait to have this album in hand!

big_aug

Reaction score
It's not bad by any means. I enjoyed listening to it. I just don't get it though I guess. It wasn't anything all that great. I mean, there aren't really all that many really cool riffs or anything. The album art is cool though.

This was described as metal. I don't think I'd say it's metal at all if I heard it without reading about it before hand. Not that it's a bad thing at all.

')