Ghost Megathread

• Thread starter FireInside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevexc

Reaction score
^lol, not when it's a bible. Not everyone.

Why not? Free rolling papers for years!

Disclaimer: I do not actively, publicly endorse using anyone else's religious symbol as drug paraphernalia.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Wish my version of Meliora had this bonus track...

ferret

Reaction score
Anyone going to the Oct 9th Atlanta show? hit me up.

theFraz

Reaction score
The Ghost vocals are very singable and as far as the musicians it is obvious that they are top notch, but they don't have to show off all of the time. They seem to focus on songwriting, which I really think has been shoved to the side with metal for a long time in lieu of technical demonstration.
This.
I have never liked them (also because of the masks) but this aspect is a big point in their favor.
After Meliora I changed my mind, is a great album with good SONGS. Every instrument is working for the music

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
This new album is just awesome. I think in a world of carbon copy riffs, implied heavyness, overdone lyrical themes (You wrote an anti government metal song? GORUNDBREAKING), they manage to make themselves unique. I have a soft spot for those albums that you can just hit play on and enjoiy the ride. You can tel lthey take time and put effort into the structure of the track on their albums, and view it as a whole.

Good stuff.

Also had a question, This Papa III is DEFINITELY differnt from Papa II right? (I was under the impression Papa I and II were the same individual, just changes names to keep up the gimmick changing from Ghost to Ghost B.C).

stevexc

Reaction score
Also had a question, This Papa III is DEFINITELY differnt from Papa II right? (I was under the impression Papa I and II were the same individual, just changes names to keep up the gimmick changing from Ghost to Ghost B.C).

Definitely 100% the same guy.

ferret

Reaction score
just changes names to keep up the gimmick changing from Ghost to Ghost B.C).

No gimmick involved in the Ghost / Ghost B.C. thing....

The band's name is Ghost. "Ghost B.C." is a legal thing in the states forced on them by the label to avoid any possible copyright trouble with half a dozen other "Ghost" bands there have been over decades.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
They don't need to use the "Ghost B.C." name apparently. They said in an interview they have full rights to use the Ghost name in the US now.

ferret

Reaction score
I read that... my take was they still were legally "Ghost B.C." but had permission now to drop "B.C." from art and merchandise. Still, an improvement.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I actually like the "B.C." since it makes looking stuff about them up a lot easier. But yeah, "B.C." was a change they made reluctantly to avoid copyright problems.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I actually like the "B.C." since it makes looking stuff about them up a lot easier. But yeah, "B.C." was a change they made reluctantly to avoid POTENTIAL copyright problems.

They clarified in an interview that nobody ever made any legal claims / threats regarding the Ghost name, it was just a precaution the label took

Paincakes

Reaction score
I'm way late to this thread ><

So I listened to their music last year, and was surprised by the retro-rock sound (I was expecting modern, ultra-heavy metal with growly vocals).
I was pleasantly surprised, but they didn't leave a long lasting impression.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, and I gave Meliora a shot.

I was instantly, completely addicted! Now that I "get it", I have a new appreciation for their older albums :D

Love the sound, love the gimmick, love the artistic direction, etc...

The LA show is sold out, so I'll be seeing them in San Diego next week. I can't wait!

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score

Lol I can not WAIT to see the reaction from some people haha. Inverted crosses, king diamond esque face paint, demon helmets, and evil pope and all. Love it.

Especially the televangelist part at 2:00. I can see it now "Stephen Colbert had a black mass live on television last night!" I'm sure most people can appreciate the music though. But come this to the "hidden satanic message" "scare" in the 80's with ....ing Tipper Gore leading the charge.

I thought it was a pretty good performance and nice first introduction to a wider audience. Thought Jon Batiste's Keytar solo cameo was pretty sweet too.

levitator

listen to sabbath
Reaction score
Me and my wife are so bummed that we missed that. It's insane to see a dude dressed as a pope with a huge upside-down cross on his head...then you look in the corner and see that it's on network television. lol i love it.

and yes. the "BC" actually stood for Because of Copyright but they've dropped it now that they know they won't get sued in the US

')