Ghost Megathread

• Thread starter FireInside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzie

Reaction score
I checked out some stuff of theirs on YouTube and some of it was a little corny sounding and I didn't bother much with it. But I watched their performance on Colbert and I fell in love with that song. It's fantastic!

I bought the new record and I like most of it. The back catalog is a little harder for me to get into though. Where is a good place to start? I like the catchier riff-based stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxcharvel

Reaction score
I checked out some stuff of theirs on YouTube and some of it was a little corny sounding and I didn't bother much with it. But I watched their performance on Colbert and I fell in love with that song. It's fantastic!

I bought the new record and I like most of it. The back catalog is a little harder for me to get into though. Where is a good place to start? I like the catchier riff-based stuff.

Their first album, for me at least, is a little easier to get into. But Year Zero is a phenomenal track too. Check out Elizabeth off their first record. Awesome song.

TheRileyOBrien

Reaction score
Thought Jon Batiste's Keytar solo cameo was pretty sweet too.

I didn't notice that when I watched it friday night. Their keyboard player plays the keytar live on occasion so I assumed that was him. Now looking closely it definitely looks like Batiste's hands.

That is one thing that is pretty cool about Colberts show. Him and/or the band always interact with the musical guests.

MattThePenguin

Reaction score

There ya go

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
forgot they were on the late show. very cool!

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
http://ghost-official.com/#tour

Anyone going to see them on the upcoming Popestars Tour? I've become quite the fan. Luckily, I have a good connection at The Florida Theatre and got lower balcony, front row seats for November 4th. They said this tour will have a lot of new stuff (theatrics, I'm guessing) for the shows. Should be fun!

WhiskeyPickleJake

Reaction score
Saw them twice in the last year, including one of the tiny acoustic record shop shows aka the un[holy]plugged tour.

Grew my short list of bands that are actually fun to see live. They are about as good as we have for a live show in terms of quality and professionalism. They play to a midi controlled back track with complete vocal harmonies (some sound as many as 5ish parts). Papa always has fun with the crowd and they toy with making fun of their dramatic schtick. Just great quality all around.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Love it, great keyboard hook that drives the song.

abeigor

Reaction score
This is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. Such a solid band! Too bad the local-ish date of the Popestar tour is (for the second year in a row, come to think of it) the day after I get back from Disneyland with the fam.

WhiskeyPickleJake

Reaction score
I'm usually guilty of hating when my old favs evolve and go poppy, but Ghost can do no wrong it seems.

I even like this new song and wish them all the success in the world.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Ghost + early 80s hard rock. Amazing. That's was so much fun. Really looking forward to the show next month.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Really wish I could make their CT show. Great song, which is unsurprising as I haven't disliked a ghost song yet.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
The new song is so freakin' catchy. It's going to be stuck in my head all day... Nuts.

abeigor

Reaction score
That chorus...holy crap, that chorus.

In its own way, this may be the best Ghost song yet.

')