Ghost Megathread

• Thread starter FireInside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RUSH_Of_Excitement

Reaction score
Wow yeah, Square Hammer and Nocturnal me are amazing but the rest of the EP is a mess. Never thought Ghost would write a song I actively dislike but Missionary Man is hard to listen to

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Wow yeah, Square Hammer and Nocturnal me are amazing but the rest of the EP is a mess. Never thought Ghost would write a song I actively dislike but Missionary Man is hard to listen to

Best blame the Eurythmics...:cool:

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I like the new track.

It's nice I find out today they play near me...tonight.

abeigor

Reaction score

I hate the original, too, FWIW.

I mean, it's a pretty adventurous choice, and for some reason they never called me to ask what I'd have them cover...

Moody Blues - I Know You're Out There Somewhere (could totally spin this to be "Satanic")
Jethro Tull - Cross-Eyed Mary

Razerjack

Reaction score
The last EP was pretty underwhelming for me as well... Just remember its just part of the transition to the next (hopefully) great album. At least this time we got an awesome original track out of it :)

Also, the video for Square Hammer deserves a award of some sort for the creativity.

Dodeejeroo

Reaction score
I actually like every song on the EP with the exception of Missionary Man, that one just doesn't fit the groove in any way.

I Believe is a big departure but has a great vibe to it.
Nocturnal Me sounds like it would be a great opening track to an album, awesome driving drums.
Bible is kinda drawn out but I like the burst of power in the chorus.
and Square Hammer is just my favorite song period at this moment in time.

brector

Reaction score
What band did Bible originally?

-Brian

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
So do we know who the bassist is yet? Love to see more women in metal, especially in a band as kickass as Ghost

zappatton2

Reaction score
I picked up the EP on Thursday, and even though it's just five songs, I can't stop playing it. I'm worried I'm gonna get myself burnt out on it.

I really like how the vibe on the last three tunes has a real 80's feel. I know a lot of them are 80's songs, but Ghost has made them distinct, while still sounding like they crawled out of the radio of my youth. Weirdly nostalgic! Maybe I'll give it just one more spin.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Man, the show on Thursday was so good. Ghost sounded so good, really impressed with their stage presence now, having seen them in a very tiny club in Calgary years ago where they couldn't do much moving around or have any of their production .... happening, to now seeing them with their full setup...it was amazing.

One major aspect of their live show that makes me really happy is hearing the way that the songs from Infestissumam should've sounded. They've made mention of being a bit unhappy with the lack of heavy guitars on the second album, and hearing those songs live is ridiculous. So much heavier.

Great show, got a few things to take home:

14583274_395693737221460_1248977112447057920_n.jpg

TGOD

The Wiz
Reaction score
I'm going to the show in Orlando in November and I'm dying to get my hands on one of those picks.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Kind of a bummer, wonder how this will impact the band. Though it is not as much a mystery as people think behind who the members of Ghost are. Tobias Forge (Papa Emeritus), Simon Soderberg (Alpha) and Martin Persner (Omega) have been playing together for years in Subvision and Magna Carta Cartel. Easy to tell who has been writing the songs by listening to those two bands. Also it appears the rest of the band may be out. I like MCC, so no complaints if I get to hear more of them.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2017/03/02/swedish-musician-martin-persner-claims-to-have-been-one-of-ghosts-nameless-ghouls/

DC23

Reaction score
I love Ghost. Papa's pretty great. Their show last year was one of my favourite in a very long time. I'm not sure whether this whole 'Papa firing all the other members' is legit or a marketing stunt, but I'm hoping it won't change their sound too much. That being said, I love 'Square Hammer' so if that's the direction Papa takes the band, I won't care. Wishing the whole band, former and present, success.

')