Ghost Megathread

• Thread starter FireInside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jwoods986

Reaction score
Can't believe there hasn't been a post in almost a year with a new album on the way and tour dates announced, time for a bump!

I got into these guys a year ago, after I bought tickets for Maiden and my buddy told me to check them out. I did the "Preview All" on iTunes for Meliora and loved it! Eventually bought all 3 albums, and my daughter (12 at the time) got into them too. So I saw them open for Maiden on 6/3, then took my daughter to her first concert (wearing the Papa "Jaws" t-shirt) at the Fillmore in Philly in July, awesome show!

Curious to hear what the new album will sound like and I already have tickets for my daughter and I to see them at Warner Theatre on 5/20.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I wish I had an awesome first concert story like that, my first 'real' concert was when I was 10, my dad accidentally won tickets to MC Hammer by calling in to a radio station :lol:

Pretty excited for the new album, plus it sounds like things will be significantly more theatrical this time around.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
So stoked on this. The new lady Ghoul mask is badass.

29982956_1875241115828009_5440435458476076737_o.jpg

Also, the album cover is ridiculous.

29982970_1875158902502897_8726760245066546234_o.jpg

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
This band is hit or miss for me, but I did really enjoy that song. Anyone else think he looks like Marlon Brando (Godfather era) at times during that video?

frogman81

Reaction score
Loving the new track as well. Tobias is such a quirky songwriter. Imagine deciding that the lyrics to your chorus will be...

“Rats! Ahhhhhhhh...
Rats! Ahhhhhh....”

I will echo the sentiment that I feel we’re fortunate to get to witness/experience the rise of a band like Ghost. In 20 years people will look back on them in awe, like a more niche version of Kiss, Depeche Mode, or (dare I say it) Led Zeppelin.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Good song, as always from Ghost, but the whole drama with Tobias not paying the members and the lawsuit and all that kind of crap still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Are they going to have the same members playing live and on the album this time? Who knows!

And also, am I going blind or did they not show Megan in the vid once? I want to see what kind of bass she's playing.

jwoods986

Reaction score
plus it sounds like things will be significantly more theatrical this time around.

Judging by the first video, I would say that's affirmative! lol

Honestly, I'm not crazy about this song yet. But I've listened a few times now and it's growing on me. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album before I give final judgement. Not crazy about the release date, 6/1, they start touring on 5/5! Hopefully, they'll release one or two more songs before 6/1, so those of us seeing them in May will know them.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Loving the new track as well. Tobias is such a quirky songwriter. Imagine deciding that the lyrics to your chorus will be...

“Rats! Ahhhhhhhh...
Rats! Ahhhhhh....”

I will echo the sentiment that I feel we’re fortunate to get to witness/experience the rise of a band like Ghost. In 20 years people will look back on them in awe, like a more niche version of Kiss, Depeche Mode, or (dare I say it) Led Zeppelin.

Seriously? Crikey, I enjoy the odd track, but the praise they're getting seems out of all proportion. They play 70s/80s rock, with catchy riffs.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
You know, I thought ‘eh, it’s ok’ the first time I listened, then the second and third times I thought ‘hm, I like that bit’.

Now I’m at the point where I’m anticipating certain parts that are just classic amazing things.

One slightly weird thing I realized this morning though is the similarity to a cky song:

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
Huh, previous Ghost songs that I've heard didn't do much for me. This one is strangely satisfying, so I checked some others and I dig the band now.

P.S. Judging from 'Rats' lyrics, a Vermintide is upon us.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
Huh, previous Ghost songs that I've heard didn't do much for me. This one is strangely satisfying, so I checked some others and I dig the band now.

P.S. Judging from 'Rats' lyrics, a Vermintide is upon us.

The same happened with me on the last album. Wasn't really a fan, heard that, then gave the older stuff another chance and got into it. I prefer the older songs live though, especially from the first album. And it's not getting caught up in the stage show, which is awesome, they just sound better that way to me.

')