Ghost Megathread

• Thread starter FireInside
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm going to see them with Avenged Sevenfold and Deftones in October. When I first heard them I was scared shitless lol. I could listen to Behemoth or any black metal band there is and be like nottt a problem. These dude however have a melodic hypnotizing sound which is really good. I'm just not into the whole theme. Metal vocals are just as evil, if not worse, but the fact that they sing the satanic lyrics in an almost upbeat happy tone, is creepy on a whole new level. It's sort of hypocritical of me but if the lyrics weren't about satan and if they didn't base themselves off of that, I'd be way into them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
So I decided to give Ghost another chance and looked up some of their stuff on youtube, and I couldn't shake the feeling that I've heard this before, then it hit me.

Ghost:

Dog Fashion Disco:

Is this just a coincidence? Now, being influenced by Dog fashion disco is never a bad thing in my book, but this is a bit too much similarity for me! :lol:

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Seems like they're going for a club tour later this year. Would be interesting to see them. Too bad I wasn't too fond of the second album and I have already seen them once. :shrug:

brector

Reaction score
I am taking the girlfriend to see them in October, didn't think I would get a chance to see them headlining!

-Brian

Cnev

Reaction score
So I decided to give Ghost another chance and looked up some of their stuff on youtube, and I couldn't shake the feeling that I've heard this before, then it hit me.

Is this just a coincidence? Now, being influenced by Dog fashion disco is never a bad thing in my book, but this is a bit too much similarity for me! :lol:

I think you're kind of reaching there.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score

Yeah I don't hear it either. They are just a progression of Subvision (which I love). Tobias even uses "Secular Haze" in the lyrics of this one.

The whole thing, the look, the lyrics are just part of the show. I dig it, I like that they mix the lyrical content and image with the sometimes upbeat music. It's unsettling to some people.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I am gassing hard for one too! :scream:

I lucked out and found one at GC yesterday, it's a newer RD Standard 2009-11 in Ebony. I waited and it dropped from $1199 - $899 with case. I just missed out on the Silverburst from 2007 earlier in the week for about the same price.

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score

Yeah, I guess I kinda am. I really want to like this band, but for some reason I just can't. :( I dunno what it is, but both times I've tried to get into them I just remember how much I like some other band and listen to them instead...

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
I lucked out and found one at GC yesterday, it's a newer RD Standard 2009-11 in Ebony. I waited and it dropped from $1199 - $899 with case. I just missed out on the Silverburst from 2007 earlier in the week for about the same price.

Nice! I expect to see a NGD with lots of pics soon!

DXL

Reaction score
one thing that i think is really cool is how big Ghost has gotten recently and that their identities are still anonymous

Cnev

Reaction score
Yeah I don't hear it either. They are just a progression of Subvision (which I love). Tobias even uses "Secular Haze" in the lyrics of this one.

The whole thing, the look, the lyrics are just part of the show. I dig it, I like that they mix the lyrical content and image with the sometimes upbeat music. It's unsettling to some people.

Ha, neat! Thanks for showing me them!

I guess for me, as a dude who grew up in the 80's and early 90's, there is a certain love I have for Ghost's playful satanic vibe which is probably my favorite cinematic theme to come from that period. Autumn as a kid held some of the greatest moments of my life. As soon as the temperature started dropping, my friends and I knew it was time for copious amounts of Cannibal Corpse, cheesy 80's horror flicks and late night hikes through the woods, willfully scarring the crap out of ourselves with our greatly overdeveloped imaginations.

With Ghost, they kind of take me back and make me feel that odd childhood liberation again while also creating some music that I personally find very enjoyable.

brector

Reaction score
New track from their upcoming EP!

-Brian

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
New track from their upcoming EP!

-Brian

I love when they cover songs. They have the ability to make them their own, by changing the mood of the song. Like on this one, "If you have ghosts, then you have everything." Also, with the "Waiting for the Night" cover they did on this EP, "There is a star in the sky, guiding my way with its light and in the glow of the moon, know my deliverance will come soon". When he sings that, it seems to take on a different meaning.

jay moth

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to hear "Crucified", originally by Army of Lovers, I've always thought, that this song is a must for Ghost, when it comes to covers, as amount of WTF factor is quite similar in both bands. And they're both Swedish, there's something in the air up in the north I guess.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
There's a stream of the new E.P. and a small rundown of the tracks by the band here The Quietus | News | TRACK-BY-TRACK: Ghost B.C.'s New EP

I haven't listened to the band much but I finally saw them live last night supporting Alice in Chains and was blown away cause both visually and sonically they're such a unique prospect and a breath of fresh air to me.

Some of their material reminded me of the Doors, Blue Oyster Cult early Alice Cooper and even Opeth's recent stuff but what's great is that even though their music references the past it's not some lazy retro ripoff.
Weird thing is that the more I listened the more they reminded me of Rammstein due to the fact that they're tagged as a rock/metal band but the core of the music is rooted in melody and classic pop song structure which is a very bold move in my book and one worthy of respect.

Don Vito

Reaction score
All I've heard on the internet is how gimmicky this band is, but I listened to their blue album and really dug it.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
All I've heard on the internet is how gimmicky this band is, but I listened to their blue album and really dug it.

Nothing wrong with that as long as it sounds good and is fun.
Onozomg.gif

He isn't really an undead pope! How lame! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

')