Gibson buys Mesa Boogie?!

• Thread starter lewis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
6281f1685966e9eedb3766f8f5ccf3d3.png

Mathemagician

Reaction score
More likely IMO? They work to introduce a lower-priced line of MIC amps and use Gibson’s leverage to demand more floor space for Mesa products. Like an Epiphone “lower price/higher volume” line. May or my not use the Mesa branding.

But wasn’t Gibson’s whole issue that they spent tons of money buying more and more brands so the CEO could justify his pay?

The partnership def makes more sense than a full buyout.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Mesa's whole brand cache is based on their excellent qc and the fact that they're still made in the USA imo.
I wonder if they're partnering with gibson just to get better international distribution/sales.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
More likely IMO? They work to introduce a lower-priced line of MIC amps and use Gibson’s leverage to demand more floor space for Mesa products. Like an Epiphone “lower price/higher volume” line. May or my not use the Mesa branding.

But wasn’t Gibson’s whole issue that they spent tons of money buying more and more brands so the CEO could justify his pay?

The partnership def makes more sense than a full buyout.

It would be nice to see some more 'affordable' options out there that aren't "modelling" amps. It seems that around here the only amp heads you can get for less than $1,000 are either less than 10 watt lunchbox amps or a modelling head like the L6 Spider or Fender Mustang. So if Gibson/Mesa could collaborate on a more 'affordable' type head like like the Peavey Valveking was (or similar) than that would be pretty sweet.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
And people said 2020 was the worst year ever!

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
"For Sale: Mesa Boogie MkV (Pre Gibson!)
Price: $10,000
No trades unless Keezel Aireez
I know what I have so no low ball offers.
Can buy a silly new Gibson Mesa with poor QC but these are the real deal!1!1!!111
"

')