Gibson Dethklok Thunderhorse Explorer

• Thread starter DesertBurst
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
It's like Gibson is starting to realize that what people want are more finish and pickup options for reasonable increases in price.

Now if they could just equip one with a Floyd and not call it the 'Vampire Blood Moon' (or have stupid tribal patterns). It didn't kill Fender to release a reasonably priced Strat with a double locking trem and several finish options, I suppose it shouldn't kill Gibson.

But that's just me, and I own a Gibson, so I guess I'm just feeding the beast. :coffee:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
It's like Gibson is starting to realize that what people want are more finish and pickup options for reasonable increases in price.

Now if they could just equip one with a Floyd and not call it the 'Vampire Blood Moon' (or have stupid tribal patterns). It didn't kill Fender to release a reasonably priced Strat with a double locking trem and several finish options, I suppose it shouldn't kill Gibson.

But that's just me, and I own a Gibson, so I guess I'm just feeding the beast. :coffee:

I'm still holding out for those two missing frets.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
This could be the Hitler sig for all I care, I'm still gonna buy the shit outta this, for srs.

Lucas_061287

Reaction score
Looks pretty damn good! Now, how in the hell they figured Skwisgaar would play that is beyond me. I figured he'd play a flat black w/ black binding and black pearl inlays/pickguard with some EMG's.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Looks pretty damn good! Now, how in the hell they figured Skwisgaar would play that is beyond me. I figured he'd play a flat black w/ black binding and black pearl inlays/pickguard with some EMG's.

It's really more like the "Brendan Small" signature, except not nearly as many people would know his name and that he's behind Dethklok.

IMO it's much more interesting this way. :yesway:

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
Does want!
There's a lot of other stuff I'd rather have though. I'd buy it, but not necessarily first on my list.

Corpsegrinder88

Jackson Whore
Reaction score
Not to dish out to much hate here. but Of course they would give him a Signature model. He has a show that millions of impressionable teens watch so good business for Gibson is to do that..

Just like Marshall bidding more than Krank which is why season 3 has Marshall as a sponsor.. Soon as his contract is up with Gibson and someone offers him a better deal you will see Dethklok using that brand..

Gibson pumps millions into artist to use there guitars.. and i guess getting free stuff helps too!!

but It is a cool guitar but its just an explorer with different options.. Put some inlays or something on it to set it off from the billion other explorers and then it would be special. But to me its just a re hashed version. Like pretty much every signature Les paul out there too. Another way for Gibson to milk more money..

Brilliant Company..

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Not to dish out to much hate here. but Of course they would give him a Signature model. He has a show that millions of impressionable teens watch so good business for Gibson is to do that..

Just like Marshall bidding more than Krank which is why season 3 has Marshall as a sponsor.. Soon as his contract is up with Gibson and someone offers him a better deal you will see Dethklok using that brand..

Gibson pumps millions into artist to use there guitars.. and i guess getting free stuff helps too!!

but It is a cool guitar but its just an explorer with different options.. Put some inlays or something on it to set it off from the billion other explorers and then it would be special. But to me its just a re hashed version. Like pretty much every signature Les paul out there too. Another way for Gibson to milk more money..

Brilliant Company..

That they are , why else would they hold the a vast portion of the market share in guitars. I realize you are being sarcastic, but on the business end, while the folks here (and you obviously) may not care for most of what they do, they are still the big dog. This means that yes, they are a brilliant company, one way or another. How is not important.

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
Sick guitar! And while yeah, Gibson is pretty monolithic, the upside of millions of dumb teens buying these things is a robust used market where I can pick a used one up for cheap in 6 months :lol:

Lucas_061287

Reaction score
^Hey, I'm not an impressionable teen and I ADORE the show :D

I'd like to see Caparison bid on it so that maybe I could afford an Angelus when they flood the market.

Tranquilliser

Reaction score
Gibson Dethklok Explorer 'Reaching for Metal Supremacy'
No 24 frets?
No Neckthru?
No EMGs?
Hardly going to be the metal supreme with those specs.

Also the finish is different to Skwisgaar's Explorer.
Fail, Gibson, just fail.
Seriously, get your shit together, drop your prices a bit, and maybe you might save your name before it's too late.

')