Gibson eight-string acoustic.

• Thread starter distressed_romeo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

phaeded0ut

droooooneeeeeeeee!
Reaction score
Whoa, is that one of Gibson's new line or is that one of their one-off customs? Any info on that guitar?

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Trust Gibson to call it something stupid like a "piano-guitar". I wonder if you must play it really quietly...? :lol:

STILL waiting for an affordable 7 string acoustic... Any day now... :(

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
:lol:The Maestro hasn't shown up in any threads for some time now. I've noticed tons of these lil vids on the net, they aren't from like....an instructional video or anything are they :ugh:.

Cool axe though :yesway:

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
He did do an instructional vid for REH, but it was never realeased, which is probably a mercy judging by the quality of his seven-string strat clips.:lol:

phaeded0ut

droooooneeeeeeeee!
Reaction score
Have no earthly clue who this guy is and I guess this is an ignorance is blissful thing. ;) Still, kind of a shame that Gibson hasn't done more with 7-string guitars and now 8-string guitars. Granted, I can readily say that the 7-string version would be the cost of a used econobox car and the 8-string version would probably be more in line with Klein's prices for an electric harp guitar.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I want to see somebody play this Gibson here.... :ugh:

explorer.jpg

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That reminds me of the bit on open position playing in 'The Advancing Guitarist' where Mick Goodrick suggests imagining what it'd be like playing a guitar with four frets and 15 strings.:lol:

Tom Drinkwater

ERG/ERB Builder
Reaction score
I wish that there were more 7 and 8 string acoustics available for us poor people. I played a used 8 string Ovation once that was in the Guitar Center in Fredericksburg, VA. They were asking $900 for it and it was damn near unplayable. I have kicked myself for not buying it and then having it set up really well. Same goes for a 10 string classical acoustic electric that was on ebay for $750 (buy it now). I think I will go kick myself right now in fact.

')