Gibson Les Paul Owners Club!

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
Well, he said he could do that but to adjust the nut is absolutely necessary. I want to leave the nut as it is though !

Thats bullshit, strings up to 62-64 wont require any nut adjustment, it only needs adjustment if the string doesn't fit AT ALL into the nut, and then you can file the nut with the string, which is pretty simple and safe. I dont have a Gibson but i play LP styled guitar thats 24.75" and its fine all way down to B standard and Drop A.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroTolerance

Reaction score
amon-amarth1.jpg
\
inflames.jpg

You are never alone :cool:

I know that there are few bands that play low tuned Gibsons, but I never thought that I'll find "soulmates" here :metal: I always thought that everyone plays these 7, 8 and 9 string monsters here. I have nothing against them, but... :D

mietschie

Reaction score
Here's my Gibson LP Custom tuned to Drop A#.
Black Bareknuckles with golden screws, love the look :D (need to make better pics some time)
IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg
IMG_0165.jpg

ZeroTolerance

Reaction score
Here's my Gibson LP Custom tuned to Drop A#.
Black Bareknuckles with golden screws, love the look :D (need to make better pics some time)

What kind of Bare Knuckles do you have in your guitar? I've been looking for something from them which can handle low tunings but I couldn't decide. My Gibson has lots of boomy bass in it and it's hard to find suitable pickups...

mietschie

Reaction score
What kind of Bare Knuckles do you have in your guitar? I've been looking for something from them which can handle low tunings but I couldn't decide. My Gibson has lots of boomy bass in it and it's hard to find suitable pickups...

You will always have a very pronounced low end on a full thickness LP, no matter which pickup you try.

I have a Painkiller in the bridge and an Emerald in the neck. Works very well for me and sounds brutal as f*k, even though I still have to roll off the bass on my amp a bit, but that's what the knob was built in for ;)

ZeroTolerance

Reaction score
You will always have a very pronounced low end on a full thickness LP, no matter which pickup you try.

I have a Painkiller in the bridge and an Emerald in the neck. Works very well for me and sounds brutal as f*k, even though I still have to roll off the bass on my amp a bit, but that's what the knob was built in for ;)

Indeed... I play Bogner Uberschall with Ubercab and even if I put bass on 0 (what I actually do) there's still lots of bass, so I need to be careful with pickups. I can plug an equalizer into loop or in front of guitar, but I don't want to, I'm kind of a purist.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
Count me in! Nothing like a good Les Paul.
photo45.jpg
photo48.jpg
photo42.jpg

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I just thinking about getting a LP studio or 50's tribute of some sort, goddamn stupid sexy Intronaut.

The tunings I like are drop C# and drop B so I think I'm set.

Also want the EMG 57/66 set

EdgeC

Songs in C#
Reaction score
Im in. (with apologies for the crappy photo).

I have been an exlusive 7 string player for years. This my first foray back into 6's and also into Gibson as I needed something for an Aussie rock tribute band I joined. But I've always loved the LP shape.

edgec-albums-ss-org-pics-picture8128-photo.jpg

After loving the feel and playability of this I now want a silverburst and some kind of gold flame top custom. I also now consider myself a Gibson fanboy. :lol:

')