Gigbags and long scale guitars

wkchu

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my very first thread here :)wavey:) as I tend to read a lot but not to participate. But this time I have to express myself as I can find the answer to my question neither with the search function nor on google :).

Anyway, here it is. I'm about to order an RGD2127Z online which has a 26.5" scale length and I usually go to the rehearsal place on foot. I'd like to include in the order a nice Mono gigbag which I read were good ones.

However, I hardly can find any information about which gigbag fits a longer-than-usual scale guitar. I know that the maximum dimensions of the guitar to be transported is mentionned at the bottom of the linked page but I don't have the total length of the 2127Z. Currently, I don't know if I should play it safe by ordering a bass Mono gigbag but I'm affraid that it would be to big.

Has someone had any experience with these and 7-string guitars? Or better yet, could someone actually measure the total length of his 2127Z :kiss:?

Thank you all for your help :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but a 26.5" guitar is not going to be ridiculously larger than a normal guitar, so a normal gig bag should be fine.

GizmoGardens

ECE/MetalHead
Reaction score
^+1. My Omen Extreme 7 fits in all my generic gig bags and hard cases... And that's a 26.5" scale too if I'm not mistaken

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on where you are ordering from they should be able to help you, I know sweetwater tested several cases and bags for me the last time I ordered a guitar from them.

wkchu

Reaction score
I was also concerned with the 7th string as those bags seem to be designed for 6s'. I measured the total length directly on this picture:

RGD2127Z_ISH_00_01.png

We know that the scale is 67.31cm (26.5'') on a real guitar. It is 14cm on the picture. Total length is 21.6 cm on the picture, consequently:
21.6 * 67.31 / 14 = 103.85 cm is the real size of the guitar which is less than the maximum height expected for the aforementioned bag (105.41cm, 41.5'').

I'll give it a go and report back wether the maths are correct or not ;).

Thanks!

Latest posts

')